Fried rice, bean sprouts, curry, chips...

TerryB65

I want it all!

Considering my last post was bemoaning that I can't get my bs down this seems a bit like a glutton for punishment post.

Hit me with your suggestions for ANY low carb takeaway. I'm thinking large amounts of chargrilled chicken, zero chips or rice, wheat or gluten.

Is kebab meat doable?

Hubs wants to treat me god love him and I don't want to stop anyone having a treat.

Thanks all xxx

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @TerryB65, how about a 5 guys burger but without the bun? I know it sounds strange but you can pad the burger out with the toppings and it comes as a big, thick couple of patties so you barely notice, you just choose it like that from the menu, no need to even ask. Or chicken tikka or any kind of meat without any (or without too much) sauce.

Reactions: zand and Fenn

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah have kebab meat, burgers as above are great, if I’m out I’ll buy two double quarter pounders from mackie dees and chuck the buns, it’s a struggle to eat 4 patties but I push through the pain barrier.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
yeah have kebab meat, burgers as above are great, if I’m out I’ll buy two double quarter pounders from mackie dees and chuck the buns, it’s a struggle to eat 4 patties but I push through the pain barrier.
You have reminded me of the last time my son was going to MacDonalds - he asked if I wanted anything brought back and I said get me a bunless double cheeseburger - he went one better and came back with a bunless TRIPLE cheeseburger - so funny - what a size it was and I don't think it was expensive and I ate it all - sooo good :hungry: - maybe an idea for you for the next time

Reactions: TerryB65

Sax

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No longer being prescribed metformin.
5 guys do the lettuce burger thing, Friend ordered one for delivery to my house as a joke low carb meal, with the only thing on the burger other than cheese being more lettuce.

Reactions: TerryB65

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want it all!

Considering my last post was bemoaning that I can't get my bs down this seems a bit like a glutton for punishment post.

Hit me with your suggestions for ANY low carb takeaway. I'm thinking large amounts of chargrilled chicken, zero chips or rice, wheat or gluten.

Is kebab meat doable?

Hubs wants to treat me god love him and I don't want to stop anyone having a treat.

Thanks all xxx

chicken tikka main course with a veg side dish spinach or aubergine Indian
Chicken skewers are better than doner from a kebab shop
crispy duck or lamb from the Chinese takeaway

They are my 3 goto meals for takeaway.

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
chicken tikka main course with a veg side dish spinach or aubergine Indian
Chicken skewers are better than doner from a kebab shop
crispy duck or lamb from the Chinese takeaway

They are my 3 goto meals for takeaway.

Saw where recently Tom Cruise stopped by an Indian in Birmingham.
https://blog.5pm.co.uk/2021/08/tom-two-curry-cruise
The write up focussed on him ordering the Madras twice.
Wonder if it's because he's an Atkins devotee as many of the Hollywood set are/were.