Diet suggestions after 800 calorie diet

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The most straight forward way to low carb is "real" food. Moderate protein (roughly the size of the palm of your hand is the usual easy measure, but you can work out the exact weight, above ground, leafy green veg, and enough fat so you're not hungry. Berries if you want fruit, full fat dairy. My biggest difficulty is "brain hunger" versus "stomach hunger and I found that the VLCD helped break that cycle

Reactions: lucylocket61

Tannith

BANNED
On week 6 of Gov 800 low calorie program, 6 to go then 4 weeks or food reintroduction, looking for recipes to keep weight off and readings low. Have lost 20kg so far and readings of 4-5 average. Is low carb or low fat or combination of bits from various sources ok. Am allergic to seafood so anything with fish is out
Whilst working out my calories for a meal today, I accidentally came across this online meal calculator: https://www.eatthismuch.com/?cals=1...source=etm_food_page&utm_medium=internal_link
you fill in how many calories you want to eat for the day (probably calculated on the online BMR calculator) and in how many meals, and it gives you suggestions for a day's meals. You can even tell it what foods you like! I think this would be perfect for working out what you could eat on your maintenance diet.

Reactions: lucylocket61

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst working out my calories for a meal today, I accidentally came across this online meal calculator: https://www.eatthismuch.com/?cals=1...source=etm_food_page&utm_medium=internal_link
you fill in how many calories you want to eat for the day (probably calculated on the online BMR calculator) and in how many meals, and it gives you suggestions for a day's meals. You can even tell it what foods you like! I think this would be perfect for working out what you could eat on your maintenance diet.
Can you also add in the proportion of macros you would like? For example can you ask for not more than 100g carbs daily? I use my fitness pal to do this, but you do need to pay for the premium level to apply your own macros level

Tannith

BANNED
Can you also add in the proportion of macros you would like? For example can you ask for not more than 100g carbs daily? I use my fitness pal to do this, but you do need to pay for the premium level to apply your own macros level
This one is free.

chani111

Diet suggestions, I like picky plates so blueberries, raspberries, boiled egg, cheese, olives, cucumber,some nuts, Parma ham, lettuce and one square of 90% chocolate. This is my favourite plate

Tannith

BANNED
What is the gov 800 low calorie program? I have never heard of it. Sounds interesting
In answer to your question:
https://www.england.nhs.uk/diabetes/treatment-care/low-calorie-diets/
"The NHS Low Calorie Diet Programme is based on two studies.

The Diabetes UK-funded ‘DiRECT’ trial saw almost half of those who went on a low calorie diet achieve remission of their Type 2 diabetes after one year. A quarter of participants achieved a 15kg or more weight loss, and of these, 86% put their Type 2 diabetes into remission.

A more recent trial of low calorie diets, called ‘DROPLET’, has demonstrated similar weight loss in people who were obese."

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Diabetes UK-funded ‘DiRECT’ trial saw almost half of those who went on a low calorie diet achieve remission of their Type 2 diabetes after one year.

And down to 36% after 2 years.. don't forget that part.

Remission here of course meaning "still possibly pre diabetic"

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had a look at it. Yes, there is an adjustable low carb plan, and you can go down to 20g a day if you wish. It is higher fat, including sat fat.