Dexcom 6 = best ever HbA1C

fishpalace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Decided to start using Dexcom 6 some 8 months ago and visited the doctors earlier this week to get the results.

Was pleasantly surprised to be told it was 40 and my lowest reading since being diagnosed some 14 years ago.

I have found this device to be a game changer and so much easier to manage with a reading every 5 minutes. Not the cheapest but well worth the monthly cost

Paul

Reactions: KK123

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Yes m
Decided to start using Dexcom 6 some 8 months ago and visited the doctors earlier this week to get the results.

Was pleasantly surprised to be told it was 40 and my lowest reading since being diagnosed some 14 years ago.

I have found this device to be a game changer and so much easier to manage with a reading every 5 minutes. Not the cheapest but well worth the monthly cost

Paul

Yes me too - been using it for over 3 years now and consistently achieving HbA1c's at around 44-50, it's definitely a game changer to control when used properly.

Reactions: fishpalace

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've got it with tandem pump. When it works it is great (90% in range) so yes I agree.
And seeing the steady dots on my phone when compared to the Lord of the Rings mountain range I've had previously...

Reactions: fishpalace

fishpalace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've got it with tandem pump. When it works it is great (90% in range) so yes I agree.
And seeing the steady dots on my phone when compared to the Lord of the Rings mountain range I've had previously...

90% is top drawer

I have stayed away from using a pump as manual injection seems to work well although I also carb count

Paul

Reactions: NicoleC1971

fishpalace

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes m

Yes me too - been using it for over 3 years now and consistently achieving HbA1c's at around 44-50, it's definitely a game changer to control when used properly.

Not just the control but also understanding how different food types cause a spike too and also it can take hours for levels to increase.

Paul