Type 2 Help! Need a Accu Performa Nano meter

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dropped my Meter in my dog bowl and it it working. Any tips on how to fix it? (I think it’s burnt out)

(mod edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why’s this been edited? Can anyone direct me to a website which sells them which can despatch it quickly as all the ones I’ve seen say a 3 week delivery.

(edited by mod)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I dropped my Meter in my dog bowl and it it working. Any tips on how to fix it? (I think it’s burnt out)
Do you have any uncooked rice in the house?
If so, take the batteries out of your meter and drop the meter in the bag of rice for a day or two. With a bit of luck it will work again.

Do you need a meter tonight because you're on medication/insulin which can cause hypos?
If so, call your pharmacy to see if they have a number you can call now, or call 111 for advice.

If not having a meter doesn't put you in immediate danger I'd call Roche on monday to explain the problem. They might send you a free meter in hopes you'll keep buying their teststrips. https://www.roche.co.uk/en/contact-us.html. 0800 328 1629.
The Accu check performa nano seems to have been discontinued but they'll be able to tell you what meter will accept the teststrips you already have.

Good luck!

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have any uncooked rice in the house?
If so, take the batteries out of your meter and drop the meter in the bag of rice for a day or two. With a bit of luck it will work again.

Do you need a meter tonight because you're on medication/insulin which can cause hypos?
If so, call your pharmacy to see if they have a number you can call now, or call 111 for advice.

If not having a meter doesn't put you in immediate danger I'd call Roche on monday to explain the problem. They might send you a free meter in hopes you'll keep buying their teststrips. https://www.roche.co.uk/en/contact-us.html. 0800 328 1629.
The Accu check performa nano seems to have been discontinued but they'll be able to tell you what meter will accept the teststrips you already have.

Good luck!

Ahhh great idea! I’ll contact Roche and as I can’t get buy one with a quick delivery I’ll have to ask my doctor.