Renewal in april

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi do dvla still contact us for renewal or do you have to trigger the process?
Thx

Hi,

They should send you a reminder with the DIAB1 forms to submit back to DVLA? (In your case. At a guess the new year? If next April?)

Reactions: bonerp

bonerp

Hi,

They should send you a reminder with the DIAB1 forms to submit back to DVLA? (In your case. At a guess the new year? If next April?)
Can I just apply online now? Dvla take 12 weeks to reply anyway so any progress takes months!

Paulkennedy

How did you get on with this? I have applied online and recieved an automated email saying they will be in touch. Phoned dvla but they have no record of me applying. I thought they would have a record immediately bit concerned now

bonerp

They contacted me about 3 weeks after I sent the application and they just booked me straight into Specsavers for the peripheral vision test .
As I can NEVER get through to them (they just say they are busy and cut me off - I've now tried 63 times (and counting) I've since booked an appointment with the consultant they sent me to last time, and booked RDAC myself which the assessment is this Friday. I've written to them in the meantime to let them know this but as they take 12 weeks to respond I'm not holding out much hope of a quick renewal.
But I am following the same process as last time so if the consultant and rdac say I'm safe hopefully they will just renew it again.
DVLA are such an awful organisation to try to speak to.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
How did you get on with this? I have applied online and recieved an automated email saying they will be in touch. Phoned dvla but they have no record of me applying. I thought they would have a record immediately bit concerned now
Did you contact the main DVLA or the medical division? it could well be that they just don't talk to each other.

Note, I applied online about a week before Christmas and its turned up 3 weeks later in the post (ie very recently)