Flu Jab 2021

xxrubywxx_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Guys,

Recently got my Flu Jab and although it’s not a live vaccine so I shouldn’t get too many side affects I think I may have?

My BG seem to be running higher, my body is quite tired and I have had some headaches. I only had a the shot a couple of days ago. I am not worried as I no this will settle but I just wondered if there are any other Type 1s feeling a bit rubbish after their flu jab too?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Guys,

Recently got my Flu Jab and although it’s not a live vaccine so I shouldn’t get too many side affects I think I may have?

My BG seem to be running higher, my body is quite tired and I have had some headaches. I only had a the shot a couple of days ago. I am not worried as I no this will settle but I just wondered if there are any other Type 1s feeling a bit rubbish after their flu jab too?

Yep, just about all of us I'd guess, perfectly normal. For some reason with me though, my glucose levels go low after the flu jab, it did too after the Covid jabs. Weird. After this year's flu jab (last week), I did feel as you describe but it was only like a bit of a cold and disappeared after a few days.

Reactions: xxrubywxx_

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Every time I get the flu jab, I am told I may experience flu-type symptoms for the next 48 hours.
Sometimes I am fine, someone I have a sore arm and some times I have mild flu-like symptoms.
This year was the latter but it was only mild and only for a couple of days ... and I was fighting off another virus at the same time.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had my flu jab on Friday, normally I get a sore arm and sometimes very mild side effects, this time I didn't even get a sore arm :eek: I'm not bragging though, I promise. Hope you feel better soon.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope you feel better soon. I didn't have any reaction to the flu jab, apart from a sore arm for a couple of days.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
I just got mine. No issues, except I think they used the same hole as my covid booster.,, ouch

xxrubywxx_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yep, just about all of us I'd guess, perfectly normal. For some reason with me though, my glucose levels go low after the flu jab, it did too after the Covid jabs. Weird. After this year's flu jab (last week), I did feel as you describe but it was only like a bit of a cold and disappeared after a few days.

Yes good to know it isn’t just me!

Reactions: KK123

xxrubywxx_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Every time I get the flu jab, I am told I may experience flu-type symptoms for the next 48 hours.
Sometimes I am fine, someone I have a sore arm and some times I have mild flu-like symptoms.
This year was the latter but it was only mild and only for a couple of days ... and I was fighting off another virus at the same time.

Ahh sorry to hear that I hope you are feeling better now!

Reactions: In Response