Type 2 Food Experimenting with small Quiche, feeling light headed

ljdub

I wonder if someone can shed some light on this, every Saturday I take my dog for a long walk and the end up at a coffee shop where since being Diagnosed T2. I have a black coffee and that’s it, today I decided to try a small bacon and leek quiche. Checked my bloods 2hrs later and they rose by 1 to 6.6. Now although this looks good I feel a little light headed could this be related as I’m not sure if it is a ‘hypo’ as don’t know what they are supposed to feel like, confused as levels seem ok

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder if someone can shed some light on this, every Saturday I take my dog for a long walk and the end up at a coffee shop where since being Diagnosed T2. I have a black coffee and that’s it, today I decided to try a small bacon and leek quiche. Checked my bloods 2hrs later and they rose by 1 to 6.6. Now although this looks good I feel a little light headed could this be related as I’m not sure if it is a ‘hypo’ as don’t know what they are supposed to feel like, confused as levels seem ok
Sometimes carbs can have a rebound effect where we go high quickly, so we miss the spike, then go lower than we are used to for a while, making us feel odd

Or it could be that, after the long walk, you need to eat something.

Reactions: ljdub

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it was

You might have experienced a large spike (especially if you haven't been eating many carbs beforehand) then a sudden drop as your insulin was triggered to bring down the spike which led to the false hypo feeling.

Reactions: ljdub

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok thanks, I usually test after 2hrs, should I test 1hr after to check?
If I eat something with highish carbs that I don’t normally have I test at the 1, 2 and 3 hour point so I can see what the highest reading was and whether I can eat it again.