If you experience serious side effects...

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Drug patient information leaflets say something like "If you experience serious side effects please tell your doctor or pharmacist" which seems very reasonable.

However, I read somewhere that Antipsychotic medication lists "Sudden death" as a possible (but "Rare or very rare") side effect, which is arguably serious but would make it rather hard to tell your doctor or pharmacist! It is then not at all a reasonable request!

I verified this info, and quoting from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6127750/

"Antipsychotics are associated with a 1.5 to 4‐fold increase in risk of sudden cardiac death..."​

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes death was mentioned as a side effect of one of my heart drugs too.
:dead:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you find it really inspires confidence? :)
Lol no. I consoled myself with the fact that I would only be taking it for a few months until I could have a heart procedure, but it was a bit scary. :wideyed:

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol no. I consoled myself with the fact that I would only be taking it for a few months until I could have a heart procedure, but it was a bit scary. :wideyed:
Quite. It would be good to know the usual risk of sudden cardiac death though...

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However, I read somewhere that Antipsychotic medication lists "Sudden death" as a possible (but "Rare or very rare") side effect, which is arguably serious but would make it rather hard to tell your doctor or pharmacist! It is then not at all a reasonable request!
I would prefer a sudden death, to a slow lingering painful one from prescribed medication.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I would prefer a sudden death, to a slow lingering painful one from prescribed medication.
Same here but if I was given a choice of slow lingering painful one I would request one last cigarette (gave up years ago), and a bottle of JDs with Monty Python playing in the background