Repeat Prescriptions Over Christmas and New Year.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a reminder to all members on repeat medication, to check you’ll have enough supplies over Christmas and New Year well before Health Centres and Pharmacies close for the festive season. If you order on line there will usually be a comments box to explain why you need to order early or order extra, that’s what I’ll be doing as mine will run out between Christmas and New Year.

C6B97E59-46E9-4F9C-9BF0-8C804829C6A0.jpeg

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our local pharmacy is open for 2 hours on Christmas Day (daughter is the pharmacist)

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is normally a rota, which means pharmacies in a particular area take turns to provide a service on Bank Holidays.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our local pharmacy is open for 2 hours on Christmas Day (daughter is the pharmacist)
There is normally a rota, which means pharmacies in a particular area take turns to provide a service on Bank Holidays.

I would assume they are open for emergencies rather than repeat medications though?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

In an emergency yes but I wouldn't want to be chasing them around on a bank holiday. :)

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I think it was always intended to cover emergencies, especially the sort of situation where a doctor called out to deal with an emergency has written a prescription for something which the patient needs fairly urgently. I believe we once used a pharmacy which was open at New Year to buy pain killers for persistent toothache as I needed something to get me through until my dentist opened after the holiday, so it can sometimes be more generally helpful. A search engine should locate the one which is open.

Reactions: KK123

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a reminder to all members on repeat medication, to check you’ll have enough supplies over Christmas and New Year well before Health Centres and Pharmacies close for the festive season. If you order on line there will usually be a comments box to explain why you need to order early or order extra, that’s what I’ll be doing as mine will run out between Christmas and New Year.

View attachment 52365

Thanks Rachox, I'd far rather be reminded than to suddenly find myself out of insulin or other crucial meds on Christmas day and having to chase down an open pharmacy!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always try to keep at least one script in front, so I have extra medication with out running out.

Our GP practise is closed for the holidays, so it is take tour your turn at playing triage at the public hospitals emergency dept "if it's serious" enough.

The pharmacy we use will be open for four hours on the mornings of the 25, 26,27th for scripts only.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would assume they are open for emergencies rather than repeat medications though?
Also, most surgeries now expect patients to have a named pharmacy for all prescriptions, and send them through to the chosen pharmacy electronically.

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just bumping this up for anyone who hasn’t seen it :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ll give it a bump, too.
Picked up my goodies from pharmacy today. Along with some covid lateral flow test kits. Much easier to show results from them, than it is to get covid passport on NHS app, which apparently crashed after Boris made announcement yesterday of plan B.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll give it a bump, too.
Picked up my goodies from pharmacy today. Along with some covid lateral flow test kits. Much easier to show results from them, than it is to get covid passport on NHS app, which apparently crashed after Boris made announcement yesterday of plan B.
How does that work? What prevents you showing the same test every time? (The pass comes up on the NHS app immediately for me).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How does that work? What prevents you showing the same test every time? (The pass comes up on the NHS app immediately for me).
Each test has a code you need to enter into the app when you report your result, so no you can’t use the same test result more than once

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Each test has a code you need to enter into the app when you report your result, so no you can’t use the same test result more than once
So you still have to use the app. What do you do if you don't have a smart phone?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So you still have to use the app. What do you do if you don't have a smart phone?
I think you phone the result to 119 quoting the code

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a bump.

I picked up my new painkiller scripts from the pharmacy next to my GP's practise yesterday, the rest I will get from my usual pharmacy next week when I put my online script order in.