Type 1 Half units

conniecar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all

I’ve been given a new pen ( Echo ) and a new insulin ( Fiasp ). It has half units…. After 47 years I’m embarrassed to say I wouldn’t know how to work that out? I use a glucose monitor to calculate my bolus’s and it’s never come up with a half? I’ve a Libre too but obviously there’s no dose advise. Would using the blood meter’s advice not be accurate if I started adding random halves? Rubbish at maths

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You don't have to use half units - you can use full units if that is what you are used to and it allows you to manage your diabetes.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your current doses are working why worry about the halves? I think your bolus calculator is rounding up or down to avoid any confusion.
For adults, unless you are really tiny, you are going to be fine with whole units normally.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you do want to consider the half units the Libre 2 reader does have a setting for it although set up for it is one of those only accessible with a health professionals access code. The diabetes clinic was able to set mine up very quickly and easily working with me via telephone.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If you do want to consider the half units the Libre 2 reader does have a setting for it although set up for it is one of those only accessible with a health professionals access code. The diabetes clinic was able to set mine up very quickly and easily working with me via telephone.
Librelink with my Samsung S8 accepts half-units and I used that this morning

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Try when asked to input code CAA1C works with mine.