Fast 800 keto

Kkayy

Hi, I am on day 5 of this, I had a weeks free trial. Its going very well so far. Has anyone else tried it? Thoughts please

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Not doing it but be interested to hear how you find it.
Are you making food or shakes? A search produced the Mosely book but also shakes of different flavours that had the same branding.
Have a bought a copy because I run a support group for type 2s.

Kkayy

Not doing it but be interested to hear how you find it.
Are you making food or shakes? A search produced the Mosely book but also shakes of different flavours that had the same branding.
Have a bought a copy because I run a support group for type 2s.

I am eating real food for 2 meals a day and having a shake for breakfast for convenience. Today is the first time I havent had DP and my libre also shows my levels have come down from 8-9 to 5-7 all day. I feel so happy about my BG. Fingers crossed it just gets better!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-100705.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-100705.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 233

tinmonkey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't done the keto version, but did the normal Fast 800 diet with great success.

I did adapt the Fast 800 diet to be more keto friendly as time went on and lost over 6 stones in weight, reversing my diabetes and coming off all medication (metformin, blood pressure, etc).

I still follow a Fast 800/keto diet everyday for my health and have maintained a healthy weight for the last year. It's the first time I my entire life that I've managed to do this.

Good luck on your journey!

Lakeslover

Has anyone here bought the book? I’ve seen a few recipes I like in the daily mail and was wondering if the book is good.

Donaldfr

Hi

I am in my third week and lost about 6 kilos. I am doing with non startchy vegetables and will add some protein now at the end of third week. What I know is you have yo loose about 15 percent weight and to hit that target i will need 8 to 10 weeks. I did buy shakes but it felt like it was too sweet. After weaning myself off it completely i dont want to get on it again.

Reactions: Dr Snoddy

tinmonkey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
800 calories a day? Every day?

There are 3 phases to the plan.

1. 800 calories each day for a maximum of 12 weeks.
2. 5:2 diet - 2 days of 800 calories and then 5 days of moderately more calories (whilst still sticking to the basic philosophy)
3. Maintenance stage - a lower carb mediterranean style of eating

I've been on stage 3, mixed with keto, for the last year and maintained my weight loss with no problems at all. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are 3 phases to the plan.

1. 800 calories each day for a maximum of 12 weeks.
2. 5:2 diet - 2 days of 800 calories and then 5 days of moderately more calories (whilst still sticking to the basic philosophy)
3. Maintenance stage - a lower carb mediterranean style of eating

I've been on stage 3, mixed with keto, for the last year and maintained my weight loss with no problems at all. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression
Thanks for the clarification. 800 clas a day for more than 8-12 weeks is usually unsustainable and can keep the body undernourished.
Glad you've found something that suits you, and will be useful info for others

Reactions: jjraak

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Yeah - I saw an interview with Dr Mosley himself on the tele last night on the Fast Keto. The poor ol presenters though missed the point (ah yes - didn't read the book they were holding, hmmm) and talked about watching your cholesterol levels, after the interview. It's too depressing watching the presentation of LCHF/Keto/Paleo etc on the media sometimes. But good to come in here and see like-miinded folks who actually read and try out the things, you know, in order for us to keep on living that bit longer than we would otherwise!

Reactions: jjraak

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I bought the book.
It all sounds good, but I personally felt the calories is too low. Certainly for me I could not live on 800 Cals. I’m not sure I like the idea.
But I do hope you get in with this. Maybe take some multivitamins,
All the best.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would get far too hungry on 800cals a day. Different people have different tolerances - I know many people who say they never get hungry at all.

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a different "ultra-low calorie" protocol a few years ago. It was hard to maintain, but I saw significant improvement to FBG and blood pressure while I was on it. All the reading I've done suggests something sustainable like either IF or keto is probably better in the long run though, so unless I needed to make a rapid and significant improvement, I would probably never do something like that again.

Reactions: fitnessqueen13

Madisons

Does keto diet health benefits wear off over time? I read that it is good only as a temporary or interim diet until you've lost the weight you want to shed, but long-term, A1C sugars will creep back up within 6 months? and all the fun cholestorol levels, etc...
Read it in this recent article - https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnut.2021.702802/full
Any feedback on this would greatly be appreciated. I'm at prediabetes 6.6 A1C, and for the life of me, cannot bring it back down even though I do low-carb and have OMAD, and fasting bloods even after 19 hours are at the minimum 6.0! I'm always feeling hungry but have to resist, can/t imagine what my sugars would be like if i ate 3 square meals a day with snacks in-between.

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does keto diet health benefits wear off over time? I read that it is good only as a temporary or interim diet until you've lost the weight you want to shed, but long-term, A1C sugars will creep back up within 6 months? and all the fun cholestorol levels, etc...
Read it in this recent article - https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnut.2021.702802/full
Any feedback on this would greatly be appreciated. I'm at prediabetes 6.6 A1C, and for the life of me, cannot bring it back down even though I do low-carb and have OMAD, and fasting bloods even after 19 hours are at the minimum 6.0! I'm always feeling hungry but have to resist, can/t imagine what my sugars would be like if i ate 3 square meals a day with snacks in-between.

My personal POV is that OMAD is not sustainable unless you are truly in ketosis and fully fat adapted. There is no point walking around hungry all the time. Either up your protein and fat intake at your meal and see if that helps, or add another meal and still try to have a reasonably narrow eating window.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but long-term, A1C sugars will creep back up within 6 months? and all the fun cholestorol levels, etc...
Nope I'm 7 years down the line since diagnosis and still firmly in remission.
Have regained a bit of the lost weight but still 90 pounds down from my heaviest.
Neal Barnard is a well known vegan advocate. I'd take anything with his name on it with a bucket of salt.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Over 5years from diagnosis and over 5 years no longer diabetic. No going hungry, no restriction on anything other than the carbs - maybe it seems too easy?
My weight dropped 50lb without trying strength increased, continued improvements - no struggle to maintain.
I just don't understand doing it the hard way.