Bertie course

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

DNS wants me to do Bertie course, apparently an online version exists as I said I didn’t fancy going on a course, anyone done this? Worth doing? Hard to imagine I don’t know it all lol

Thankyou.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

DNS wants me to do Bertie course, apparently an online version exists as I said I didn’t fancy going on a course, anyone done this? Worth doing? Hard to imagine I don’t know it all lol

Thankyou.
I haven't done Bertie per se but I did the local equivalent of DAFNE 12 years after my Type 1 diagnosis and found it very valuable. I definitely learnt stuff on that course.
I confess the most valuable part was spending time with other T1s and seeing for real the impact of ignoring the condition and being able to put some of my challenges into context. It helped explain why my DSN was more worried about some things and less about others.
Plus it was a pre-req for a pump so it was very valuable.

Reactions: Fenn

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I've done both Bertie and DAFNE. Both were life-changing.

Reactions: Fenn and EllieM

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow Thankyou both, never expected your replies at all, I ignorantly assumed it was a waste or time.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Fenn

I have also undertaken Bertie online and found it good. It also helped me gain access to Libre & getting a pump.
Good luck

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Thankyou.

Hi Fenn, the BERTIE course can be found here: https://www.bertieonline.org.uk/ I understand you can simply sign up.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou, have registered, too tired to start tonight as up at 5:30am for work, will give it a try ASAP. Thanks