Where are you from?

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've seen a thread titled 'Where you from? started by @Emma23. The thread was done 7 years ago so if it's ok I thought I would start a new thread because people might have moved on etc.

My name's Gillian but call me Gill. I'm from North Yorkshire. I'm originally from Cheshire then moved in 1987 when I got married then moved to Altrincham then to Warrington then North Yorkshire.
Same as Emma's thread "I just thought it would be a nice way to get people chatting, never know there maybe peeps in you're area! Xxx"

Last edited:
Reactions: Smiler99

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
I've seen a thread titled 'Where you from? started by @Emma23. The thread was done 7 years ago so if it's ok I thought I would start a new thread because people might have moved on etc.

My names Gillian but call me Gill. I'm from Filey, North Yorkshire. I'm originally from Timperley, Cheshire then moved in 1987 when I got married then moved to Altrincham then to Warrington then Filey.
Same as Emma's thread "I just thought it would be a nice way to get people chatting, never know there maybe peeps in you're area! Xxx"

Montreal: The Great White North and it's so chilly here today, one of our pipes has frozen.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Born and raised in Amsterdam, but I've been living happily in the countryside in Friesland for the past 9 years.
I share my house and garden with dogs, cats, lots of guinea pigs, bunnies, chickens and my neighbour's turkeys. :)

(Picture of my house last summer :))

219319288_10223918062413779_9096447017162935114_n.jpg

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m originally from Brereton near Rugeley in Staffordshire. Now living near Cheltenham following a number of various moves around the country.

I don’t know if I ever truly feel like I come from anywhere as such, but guess I’ve lived around here the longest in my adult life so as good as anywhere :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Born in Liverpool raised mostly in Plymouth Devon then moved about a bit while in the RAF ended up back in Plymouth for several years thence to Wigan now in Sutton-In-Ashfield Nottinghamshire
Non of us that is myself and Judith or my son,daughter or grandson were born in the same place bit of a nomadic lifestyle really.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Born in Worcester, raised in Bath.
College for 3 years in Epsom.
Married a Suffolk girl from London. Settled in Wiltshire.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Born in Birmingham and lived there 30 years
Moved to Swansea, Wales for 5 years
Missed the Midlands and have lived in Dudley in the Black Country since 2004

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wirral, all my life!
Born on the banks of the Mersey.
Our house, our school overlooked the river and the three graces!
Could see the famous ferry all day! Best way to travel to scouseland, even on really cold days!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lived where the work is, I was born in hospital, not on the banks of a creek. :p

I have lived in the Wide Bay area of Central Queensland for the last twenty years, so this, I suppose is home.

Ragmar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada! Home of Chris Jericho and Kenny Omega (im a wrestling fan)

RosemaryJackson

Hi. Born in Cippenham Bucks; moved to Windsor; moved to Datchet just outside Windsor; moved to Boston, Lincs; moved to just outside Leeuwarden in Friesland; moved to Heemstede near Haarlem then to Amersfoort; back to Boston for 60 years and now just outside Sleaford Lincs.

Reactions: Lamont D

Mellostar

I’m from Harlem, USA. I was born and raised here and never moved outside of my town (NYC). I love to travel though! I have visited England (London) before & loved it. I have controlled diabetes and I feel that I can learn more by joining diabetes.co.uk.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
I'm from Smolensk. It's a town close to Mosсow. I traveled only to my country, Ukraine (my relatives live there) and Belarus. If I survive this war and Iron Curtain don't descends I see the world

Reactions: Pasha