Vitamin D and vitamin B Complex

AnnM99

Hi,
Do any of you take the above? I've been told my Vit D levels are below par. I've bought a Boots vit D 75 microgram and the B complex. Been fighting an eye infection since 8th Dec and now positive for covid. Sleep a big issue .... Save aging 4 hrs a night. Can get to sleep but can't stay asleep. Been reading up and it seems low vit D can disturb sleep. Can anyone share their stories please. I'm hoping these vitamins will help. Taking metformin SR too .... Reduced to 1000mg 12 weeks ago after a result of 42 from 86.
Thank you for reading this.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
Do any of you take the above? I've been told my Vit D levels are below par. I've bought a Boots vit D 75 microgram and the B complex. Been fighting an eye infection since 8th Dec and now positive for covid. Sleep a big issue .... Save aging 4 hrs a night. Can get to sleep but can't stay asleep. Been reading up and it seems low vit D can disturb sleep. Can anyone share their stories please. I'm hoping these vitamins will help. Taking metformin SR too .... Reduced to 1000mg 12 weeks ago after a result of 42 from 86.
Hug for the sleep issue. I take vit D but I've always - 6.5 yrs- found LC not good for my sleep so I may not be helpful.

Reactions: AnnM99

melchizidek

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take Vit D (4000iU daily) which keeps my levels in the normal range, however, for me supplementation with B vitamins is a problem. Vitamins B12, B6 and folate will all give me insomnia after about a week.....I'll be awake literally all night. I "discovered" this twice by accident when taking multi vits, and since then have rediscovered twice more when nutritionists couldn't believe it was so, and got me to try again. Even the fortified plant-based yogurts will give me insomnia if I over-indulge in them. Keto will make me insomniac too, so my carbs have to steer a careful course between triggering high BS and insomnia.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for that @melchizidek. To clarify, I don't have insomnia, drop off to sleep no problem just often wake up insanely early.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hi,
I am prescribed vitamin D 1000 but only recently; I take it and hope it will make a difference; yes, I do have insomnia post-divalproex, but I take so many other drugs, that dose, type, and interaction are now beyond my expertise.

Smeggers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-opinionated people.
My partner takes vit D 400 iu daily, she doesn't sleep well. She'll go off easy enough but then she wakes up and it takes forever for her to go off again. I've never found the need for them myself, I tend to get plenty of vit D by working outside

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take vitamin d3, omega 3 & zinc, been told to take them after breakfast & not at night as can cause insomnia

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vit D to help with my SAD, Evening Primrose for "Girlie" stuff, Omega 3 and Vit C which helps with my hayfever, all taken with my AM handful of meds. Stopped taking Vit B complex a while ago as my levels were to high on the blood tests