NOT ELIGIBLE FOR BOOSTER?!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
jab 3 was adjusted to give better immunity for different strains.
As far as I know there has been no "adjustment" of the vaccine for different strains, although there may be in the future. The vaccination is a course of two jabs. The third, and possible fourth, jabs are boosters to counteract the effect of the immunity waning.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's not quite what I was told by the vaccination staff. Jab 1 was the immunisation, jab 2 was a booster and jab 3 was adjusted to give better immunity for different strains. I suppose jab 3 could be either a booster or a second immunisation depending on how you look at it.

They also said jab 4 was another booster only for those on the severely immune compromised list because their jab 3 was not necessarily an adjusted one. They also said, even if you weren't on the list, you would be given jab 4 if you took an antibody test and proved you had dangerously low or no immunity. (Your GP practice/clinic may have different rules.)

The next jab I'm looking for is the 'annual', the equivalent to the yearly flu jab. Not expecting it until Sept/Oct though.
I’m afraid this is not quite right. Slightly worrying that vaccination staff are giving out incorrect information.

The initial course was always 2 jabs of Astra zenica or Pfizer or occasionally Moderna. The extremely vulnerable that were immune compromised also got a third main jab.

Then everyone (over 16) was entitled to a booster which for most was their third jab but a 4th for the most immune compromised vulnerable. (This was the same Pfizer jab, in most cases, as used for the initial doses confusingly).

Now some extremely vulnerable who are immune compromised or over 75yrs will be getting a second booster.

As yet there has been no adjustment for strains but this is proposed.

The testing for antibodies and action depending on results would be case by case and driven by your drs. I guess it could raise you to the immune compromised status perhaps as a result of one taken.

Seacrow

Type of diabetes
LADA
I’m afraid this is not quite right. Slightly worrying that vaccination staff are giving out incorrect information.
Yes, but they are mostly volunteers, so really can only repeat what they have been told. It's Chinese Whispers.

The testing for antibodies and action depending on results would be case by case and driven by your drs. I guess it could raise you to the immune compromised status perhaps as a result of one taken.
I'm not sure whether to request this or not. I don't fall on the severely compromised list, but I have a long history of vaccinations being effective for a much shorter time, or just not effective at all. For example, I've had the two whooping cough vaccinations that are meant to give immunity, and since then I've had whooping cough three times. Normally I wouldn't trouble the GP, but I'm on the list for surgery + stay in hospital in a few months. I don't know.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, but they are mostly volunteers, so really can only repeat what they have been told. It's Chinese Whispers.

I'm not sure whether to request this or not. I don't fall on the severely compromised list, but I have a long history of vaccinations being effective for a much shorter time, or just not effective at all. For example, I've had the two whooping cough vaccinations that are meant to give immunity, and since then I've had whooping cough three times. Normally I wouldn't trouble the GP, but I'm on the list for surgery + stay in hospital in a few months. I don't know.
I appreciate they are volunteers but they still shouldn’t be spreading inaccurate information because people make the assumptions they know what they are talking about as they appear to be in a position “that would know”. Without meaning to be rude, you believed what was said and I’m sure many others did too.

in your shoes I’d ask the gp their opinion on antibody tests. Or get one privately if that’s an option and see what the results are before deciding. Make sure you get the right test though. Some are for infection based antibodies, some for vaccine and some do both. And remember this is only antibodies, not B or T cells which are other aspects of immunity.