Libre criteria

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I phoned my Dr today to get more information on the no criteria for type 1s having a cgm as reported in the Daily mail on the 13th of March , I was told the criteria was still the same and I should get in touch with the Else Bertram diabetes centre that I attend every year for my annual review . I did this only to be told the same thing and the fact that I attended only two weeks ago and the consultant never mentioned a cgm was because I do not reach the criteria for having one , they also said that the story in the Mail was causing them a nightmare with all the enquiries , it's a bit annoying as the Daily mail report said that there was now no criteria and every type 1 ( 400,000 they said ) could have one , I have just Emailed the paper to ask where they got the information from . I await their reply .

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I phoned my Dr today to get more information on the no criteria for type 1s having a cgm as reported in the Daily mail on the 13th of March , I was told the criteria was still the same and I should get in touch with the Else Bertram diabetes centre that I attend every year for my annual review . I did this only to be told the same thing and the fact that I attended only two weeks ago and the consultant never mentioned a cgm was because I do not reach the criteria for having one , they also said that the story in the Mail was causing them a nightmare with all the enquiries , it's a bit annoying as the Daily mail report said that there was now no criteria and every type 1 ( 400,000 they said ) could have one , I have just Emailed the paper to ask where they got the information from . I await their reply .

Well it's gotta be said, often its best not to completely believe most of the stuff in newspapers especially about medical eligibility - I'm sure most don't really know what they're talking about let alone how the CCG's decide they are prescribed