Has any pump user been eligible for 4th booster?

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It’s six months since I've had my last ( third) Covid jab and having had two nasty colds in the last month I'd like to avoid Covid if at all possible having had high sugars with the illnesses but am well under 75. I'd really appreciate knowing if anyone has been able to get a fourth booster shot as a type 1 pump user? I'm UK based so need to fit or negotiate the NHS criteria.

Last edited:

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry to read you have been unwell recently.
I have a pump and not been offered another booster jab.
To be honest, I would expect the pump to mean I am less likely as it is so much easier to increase basal to keep my levels low than when injecting.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I have had a forth covid jab, but I have low lynphasytes as well having a pump so maybe that's why plus I live in France

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I have had a forth covid jab, but I have low lynphasytes as well having a pump so maybe that's why plus I live in France
Oh thanks for your reply but should probably have added an NHS proviso as I'm in the UK.

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
To be honest, I would expect the pump to mean I am less likely as it is so much easier to increase basal to keep my levels low than when injecting.

yes you’re right, there is no reason a pump user should be more eligible than any other type 1 for a 4th booster, just clutching at straws as the thought of dealing with inevitable high sugars again with Covid isn’t appealing!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It’s six months since I've had my last ( third) Covid jab and having had two nasty colds in the last month I'd like to avoid Covid if at all possible having had high sugars with the illnesses but am well under 75. I'd really appreciate knowing if anyone has been able to get a fourth booster shot as a type 1 pump user? I'm UK based so need to fit or negotiate the NHS criteria.

I went for my 4th Jab recently and I am a pump user :) I took along my prescription sheet which shows my diabetes medication but when I turned up all they did was ask if I was immunocompromised and therefore eligible for the jab, I said yes due to having diabetes and they didn't question it beyond that.

Reactions: JaneC

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have mine booked in for next week as I got a letter, but whether its because I have Type 1 (yes I use a pump) on its own or whether its a combination of my 3 auto-immune conditions I don't know - I was not previously on the shielding list for instance

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had mine last week. I am ancient and pump user. No side affects.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't heard anything but it hasn't been 6 months since my last jab

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had my 4th jab about 2 months ago. I was offered this as I am immune compromised ( not due to diabetes or being a pump user ) and had to shield during the lockdown. I live north of the border and the immune compromised group were offered 4th jabs earlier than across the border

JaneC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just had my 4th booster which just involved going to a walk in centre and saying I had an auto immune condition ie type 1 diabetes and was given it without question so am rather pleased, it was Phizer if anyone's interested but think the pharmacies are offering Moderna which doesn’t need a freezer. Thanks for your input everyone and hope this thread might be useful to someone else.