Cells doesnt repond to insulin

Saad C

Hi, I am type 1 since 5 years, I take Apidra 6-7-5 units bf and lantus 8 units bef sleep. Since last 1 week after breakfast my sugar level goes very high upto 425 and it starts reducing after 1 pm only and rest of the day is normal. Even at 4 am sugar is around 250. From morning till 1 pm insulin is not absorbed in cells at all, sugar level dont go down at all till 1pm.
Please advice

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am type 1 since 5 years, I take Apidra 6-7-5 units bf and lantus 8 units bef sleep. Since last 1 week after breakfast my sugar level goes very high upto 425 and it starts reducing after 1 pm only and rest of the day is normal. Even at 4 am sugar is around 250. From morning till 1 pm insulin is not absorbed in cells at all, sugar level dont go down at all till 1pm.
Please advice

Hi @Saad C ,

welcome to the forum.

How long have you been using the current Lantus cartridge?

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Can I suggest you speak to your diabetic team. As a previous Lantus user mine only lasted 20-22 hours. You may need to split the dose but it is strange that it goes high a few hours after taking lantus.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Some of us split our Basal to give better control day/night. I do that with my Levemir. You don't appear to be carb-counting your Bolus doses? These should be set at each meal for the carbs in that meal and not fixed to preset values. Do you have any lipohypertrophy i.e. lumpy flesh at injection points? I found that as a problem recently and now inject at different points.