Type 1 Changing glucose meters?

andrzejLKS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am currently on the Libre Optium Neo since I was diagnosed in December, and I was researching other glucose smart meters and came across the Smart Dario meter, and I was wondering if I could change from the Optium Neo to Dario. It is available for free on the NHS, along with the test strips and lancets, but it isn't on my prescriptions list so I'm not sure whether or not I can switch to it.

Any help/personal experience would be helpful! :)

-Andrzej

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am currently on the Libre Optium Neo since I was diagnosed in December, and I was researching other glucose smart meters and came across the Smart Dario meter, and I was wondering if I could change from the Optium Neo to Dario. It is available for free on the NHS, along with the test strips and lancets, but it isn't on my prescriptions list so I'm not sure whether or not I can switch to it.

Any help/personal experience would be helpful! :)

-Andrzej

It is very dependent on your local CCG as to what test strips they will agree to prescribe for you, each CCG has its own choice, so what mine will prescribe may differ to what yours will prescribe

If you also see a hospital consultant they can tell the doctors to prescribe a specific type of test strips - if they think its necessary, otherwise it really is just down to what your doctors have permission to prescribe - you will need to ask them about this, and if they can prescribe the ones you want you will have to get your doctors to add it to your repeat prescription list - and possibly give a good reason as to why you want it instead of what you already have)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Could be the cost of test strips maybe a factor at aproaching £30 pound for fifty.

I once did buy a similar meter that plugged into my phone it was not very accurate or reliable I connot tell you where it is now probably in a land fill somewhere.

andrzejLKS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is very dependent on your local CCG as to what test strips they will agree to prescribe for you, each CCG has its own choice, so what mine will prescribe may differ to what yours will prescribe

If you also see a hospital consultant they can tell the doctors to prescribe a specific type of test strips - if they think its necessary, otherwise it really is just down to what your doctors have permission to prescribe - you will need to ask them about this, and if they can prescribe the ones you want you will have to get your doctors to add it to your repeat prescription list - and possibly give a good reason as to why you want it instead of what you already have)

Alright, many thanks! Mainly just want it due to it seeming a lot easier to use out in public, school and other places which would make life just one bit simpler, more of a want than a need for me to be honest