Hello from Zoe

zoesun0823

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi everyone,

I'm Zoe, a research student at King's College London, and I'm currently doing my research in diabetes management. So glad to join the group. My grandma has been living with type 2 diabetes for more than 20 years, which motivates me to do my PhD research in this field.

I'm very much looking forward to knowing more and learning more from all of you.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Hello Zoe welcome to the forum

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm very much looking forward to knowing more and learning more from all of you.
Hi @zoesun0823 , welcome to the forum.

Happy to hear your grandma motivates you with your study, I hope she's doing well! Is she a member of the forum too?

Please feel free to read and chip in on threads. However, if you want to post a thread related to your research, you'll need approval from our head office to do so.
Should you want to do this at any point, please send one of the moderator team a PM and we'll let you know how to apply.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The most important lesson to learn is, there are more types than just T1 and T2!
Also more variants within these types!
The individuality of all blood glucose/insulin imbalances should be taken into consideration when treatment is considered.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My grandma has been living with type 2 diabetes for more than 20 years.

How has she faired through those 20 years, has she avoided complications ?
The dietary advice for T2 was very wrong 20 years ago & actually made the condition worse.

Reactions: Antje77

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Good luck with your research!

zoesun0823

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi @zoesun0823 , welcome to the forum.

Happy to hear your grandma motivates you with your study, I hope she's doing well! Is she a member of the forum too?

Please feel free to read and chip in on threads. However, if you want to post a thread related to your research, you'll need approval from our head office to do so.
Should you want to do this at any point, please send one of the moderator team a PM and we'll let you know how to apply.

Dear Antje,
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. Thanks again for telling me the rules of our forum. Yes, I applied for it on 6th May and sent all the required information. I haven't gotten any replies yet. Therefore, I won't post any research-related information until I got permission.

Thanks again for your kind recommendations and I'm very much to know more about everyone's perspective on my research after I got the approval.

Reactions: Antje77

zoesun0823

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
The most important lesson to learn is, there are more types than just T1 and T2!
Also more variants within these types!
The individuality of all blood glucose/insulin imbalances should be taken into consideration when treatment is considered.
Hi Lamont D,
Nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your ideas. That's very helpful. Please let me know if you have any thoughts/ ideas/experiences that would like to share.

zoesun0823

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
How has she faired through those 20 years, has she avoided complications ?
The dietary advice for T2 was very wrong 20 years ago & actually made the condition worse.

Hi Ronancastled,

Thanks for your reply. My grandma does have some complications, especially eye problems and heart problems. Therefore, she takes medicines according to the healthcare team and does a half-annual check for her health status. Now, she starts having lower body impairments and it's getting a little bit worse. Due to this, my parents have moved to a 10-minute walk apartment to take care of her.

zoesun0823

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Good luck with your research!

Thank you Zhnyaka, Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to sharing my research and knowing your ideas on the research topic after I got permission. Have a wonderful day.