First HbA1c since T1 Diagnosis

M@

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My HbA1c at diagnosis with type 1 was 11.3% (100 mmol/mol) and after 6 months of being on insulin, it has dropped to 5.2% (33 mmol/mol):)

Reactions: Jaylee

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done on your amazing Hba1c.
Please take care
- lowering levels too fast can lead to complications
- too much focus on the perfect blood sugar can lead to diabetes burnout. Don't ignore the rest of your life
- there is often a concern that a low HbA1C can only be achieved with lots of hypos, Hopefully this is not the case but TIR is just as important ... if not more so

Reactions: Hopeful34 and M@

M@

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on your amazing Hba1c.
Please take care
- lowering levels too fast can lead to complications
- too much focus on the perfect blood sugar can lead to diabetes burnout. Don't ignore the rest of your life
- there is often a concern that a low HbA1C can only be achieved with lots of hypos, Hopefully this is not the case but TIR is just as important ... if not more so
My endocrinologist have been monitoring the lowering of levels, so all is good there.
I wear a Libre half the time and do plenty of finger pricks the rest of the time and there's definitely no hypos happening :)
Thanks for the advice:)

Braye

My A1C started out at 12.3 Sept 29, 2022. It started coming down immediately. Self testing it came down to 4.3 in 7 months with a 70lb weight loss. It has risen slightly now that I don't try to control my calories as strictly. A week or so ago it was 4.8. Now at the doctor's office it is a 5.1

Braye

I was told to only test a couple times a week but I am a fanatic now. I go through 50 strips in a matter of a week or less. It keeps me accountable. I want a Libre 3 or Dexcom 7 but I can't even get an older version let alone the new version which won't be available in the US probably for at least another year. I will have to pay out of pocket but since I am buying test strips frequently it won't be much difference.