Christmas Food - tried and tested keto LCHF treats?

ShelleyDubs

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can we share any lovely Christmas foods here? Let’s support each other to not fall off the LCHF wagon. Obviously, a staple has to be pigs in blankets! What else do people tuck into?

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sausage meat stuffing - most supermarkets are offering it or you could make some - not ultra low carb but a very good alternative to the breadcrumb based ones, which I would otherwise not be able to resist.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cranberries!

Savoury:
Diet Doctor keto recipe: cranberries, baby kale,
pecans and pork fried in butter (or my variation with 97% meat sausages)

Or cranberries, baby sprouts and chestnuts, again fried in butter with a bit of nutmeg, with roast skin-on chicken thigh, or with turkey for Christmas dinner

Sweet
Cranberries with juice & zest of an orange, cinnamon.nutmeg, star anuse, and brown eythritol cooked with butter and a slosh of port, and served topped with creme fraiche :hungry:

Cranberry muffins made with ground almonds, etc (if you want slightly crunchy with added pecan pieces too)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausage meat stuffing - most supermarkets are offering it or you could make some - not ultra low carb but a very good alternative to the breadcrumb based ones, which I would otherwise not be able to resist.

I have a carnivore (if you allow for a bit of licence with a small amount of onion) stuffing recipe:

1 x pack six Waitrose 1 Cumberland sausages, skin removed
Half a small onion, diced and fried in butter
1 40g bag Awfully Posh pork crackling
1 35g bag Real Pork Crackling co pork crunch
Dried sage

Fry onions, blitz pork crackling, mix everything together and put into a 1lb loaf tin. Bake on gas 4-5 for 40 minutes. Delicious.

ShelleyDubs

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all, totally thinking about Christmas in May! Haha. Has ANYONE manage to make a Keto version of pastry that is not soggy after a day? I’ve made the Keto mince pies and they are so lush, but don’t stay crumblesome beyond the day of baking. Any top tips out there? Thanks, all. I know there are some all-year crimbo fans like me out there!

Hezzal

Hello all, totally thinking about Christmas in May! Haha. Has ANYONE manage to make a Keto version of pastry that is not soggy after a day? I’ve made the Keto mince pies and they are so lush, but don’t stay crumblesome beyond the day of baking. Any top tips out there? Thanks, all. I know there are some all-year crimbo fans like me out there!

How about experimenting with freezing them before they’re baked? Then bake a few every day…fresh baked, hot and crumbly perfection everyday!

ShelleyDubs

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How about experimenting with freezing them before they’re baked? Then bake a few every day…fresh baked, hot and crumbly perfection everyday!

Genius idea. I did not think of that - so simple.