Book Corner.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Going through Angela Marstons series, before reading D.C. Kim Stones fifteenth outing!
Then back to Jodi Taylor's St. Mary's series and the new Time Police series!

Both with plenty of Tea!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished a book called I invited her in by Adele Parks. It was ok

Now reading Meet me at Beachomber Bay by Jill Mansell

Be glad when I've finished these charity books as definitely not my kind of thing. Some have been good, others totally abysmal

Reactions: SaskiaKC

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read The Evening nad the Morning by Ken follett on holiday, also read the Gallows Thief by Bernard Cornwell
Since I've been home I've read 2 other Jill Mansell books, forgot the titles
and 2 other books I cant quite remember.

One was about jewellery making and I enjoyed that - mght have been by Sheila O flanagan and called What Happened that Night

I did pick up a book set in Eire but couldnt quite get to terms with that. Was too impatient to see what the twist was.

Now reading a book called The Man who Never Called by someone or other

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading Lyrebird by Cecelia Ahearne. Actually enjoying this.

And seemed to come home from diet class with another bag of books that I will give to my aunt when I see her this weekend. I think I'll be going back to my own kind of books when I have passed what I have over to aunt. I have enjoyed reading some out of my comfort zone but others have been really hard to get into

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The Thursday Murder Club, by Richard Osman. You know that pointless guy!
Not bad, but read better!

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been reading a lot of books by Lindsay Buroker recently, they're generally an easy read and good stories, though a little formulaic in places. She has some amazing humour interspersed throughout her writing, her books are not designed to be comedy but there are these little moments that are lovely touches and organic to the characters helping round out them and the worlds they inhabit.

Reactions: MrsA2

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've ended up with a pile to get through
I ordered Supergut and used up a gift voucher to try a Graham Norton, a Victoria hislop and something else I can't remember. Then library called to say Richard osmans Man who died twice us in, thats the next one for book club, and I am currently enjoying Paying Guests set in 1922...
Too many all at arrived at once

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I ordered Supergut and used up a gift voucher to try a Graham Norton, a Victoria hislop and something else I can't remember. Then library called to say Richard osmans Man who died twice us in, thats the next one for book club, and I am currently enjoying Paying Guests set in 1922...
I mean I work in a book shop, to TBR pile is prodigious and involves more than one bookcase, this is the reason I don't do book clubs :bookworm:

Reactions: SlimLizzy and MrsA2

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

I'm currently reading Man who died twice!
have a couple on my wish list!

Reactions: MrsA2

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just started book number 13 in the St Mary's chronicles series by Jodi Taylor!

Man who died twice was excellent!
highly recommended!

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
Reading Banting: a biography by Michael Bliss
Do somebody read this book or The discovery of insulin? It is so interesting and I want to have a discussion about it, but no one I know never heard about Frederick Banting

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reading Banting: a biography by Michael Bliss
Do somebody read this book or The discovery of insulin? It is so interesting and I want to have a discussion about it, but no one I know never heard about Frederick Banting
I think we all (a least the T1's) have heard about Banting and Best!
I haven't read this book though.
If you like this I think you'll love the book by Robert Tattersall, either the short version "Diabetes (The Biography)", which I read as a free pdf online but I can't find it right now, or the longer version "The Piffing Evil" (Substitute f for s, we have a strict filter on bad words), which I bought directly from the publisher.

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
I think we all (a least the T1's) have heard about Banting and Best!
I haven't read this book though.
If you like this I think you'll love the book by Robert Tattersall, either the short version "Diabetes (The Biography)", which I read as a free pdf online but I can't find it right now, or the longer version "The Piffing Evil" (Substitute f for s, we have a strict filter on bad words), which I bought directly from the publisher.
Thank you! I'll try to read it)

Reactions: Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Man who died twice was excellent!
highly recommended
I've just read it in a day! Admittedly I was in bed with a bad cold but it cheered me up. Thoroughly good story. Liking the characters more than I did in his first book

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Been reading a lot of books by Lindsay Buroker recently, they're generally an easy read and good stories, though a little formulaic in places. She has some amazing humour interspersed throughout her writing, her books are not designed to be comedy but there are these little moments that are lovely touches and organic to the characters helping round out them and the worlds they inhabit.
I enjoy her books too.

ErinKeegan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rude people
Does anybody like Kafka? I've read "the trial" and I don't understand at all, it seems to me, I spent several days for nothing .. Maybe you can explain

Reactions: SaskiaKC

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read quite a few books over the past weeks. Cant remember titles or much about them.
My sister suggested Tim Weaver so loaned his first from the library. Might look at some others but sort of reading Ken Follett books

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Read quite a few books over the past weeks. Cant remember titles or much about them.
My sister suggested Tim Weaver so loaned his first from the library. Might look at some others but sort of reading Ken Follett books

I think I have recommended Angela Marsons crime thril!ers.
I'm currently half way through her latest Kim Stone thriller - Six Graves. (No.16)
Really excellent reading!

Reactions: wolfie11969

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anybody like Kafka? I've read "the trial" and I don't understand at all, it seems to me, I spent several days for nothing .. Maybe you can explain

I had to read Metamorphosis at university, in German.
I didn't understand it even when we discussed it in English! It put me off any more of Kafka.

I am currently taking a break from Josephine Pullein-Thompson's old pony books, which I recently discovered, to re-read a book that was one of my favorites nearly 50 years ago, when it was written -- A Midsummer Tempest, by Poul Anderson. I love a good fantasy novel, and this one is written sort of like a Shakespeare play, had Shakespeare been a novelist, if that makes sense. ...