Book Corner.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reading World Without End by Ken Follett, nearly done though and have to work out whether to have a break as read the three first ones quite quickly or move onto something else in my library.

Also read some new Peter James books - The follow up to the Cold Hill book and a short novella about a holiday in France. (Sorry cant remember titles as since my accident I'm finding it hard to remember things)

I've also got some books on reserve at the local library one of those being the latest Lucinda Riley - might be called the Murders at Fleat House

I'm taking my 2 granddaughters to the library this week to join up. My eldest granddaughter is reading a comic book series and I wanted to open her eyes to the range they had in our local library. Even a comic book is long enough to keep her off the phone and laptop etc. As for the wee one she's just learning to read and can have non verbal days so hoping a book might open up questions about pictures etc

Reactions: Lamont D

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished A Town called Solace by Mary Lawson.
Very well written, poignant but sort of a who done it/ what happened.
I read it really quickly, which is a good sign

Reactions: SaskiaKC

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I read the fourth Kingsbridge saga by Ken Follett

I've now picked up a book by Barbara Erskine on the kindle. Think I've already read it.

Next week hubby going to pick up the new Lucinda Riley from my mother in law so I dont have to wait for the library.

Also going to order all the Diana Gabladon Outlander series for the Kindle as most of them are very heavy books.

And very naughtily bought 4 books yest, physical ones, from Amazon. I know for definite one of them is the latest Edward Rutherufurd book called China. He writes about the origins of a country with characters you either like or loathe and he follows their family through time. Has a Russia, New York, Paris, Sarum, London, Dublin.Well worth reading

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Read Tim Weaver's book called the Dead Tracks. Murder/ mystery. Quite graphic
Reading The Fallen Angel by Tracy Borman. Set in time of James I and his witch hunts
ANd also re-reaing for light entertainment Harry Turtledove sci-fi series about World War II and the earth being invaded by alien lizards

Yes I do usuually read a couple of different books at a time, one for downstairs, one for upstairs, sometimes one for the bathroom

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Read Tim Weaver's book called the Dead Tracks. Murder/ mystery. Quite graphic
Reading The Fallen Angel by Tracy Borman. Set in time of James I and his witch hunts
ANd also re-reaing for light entertainment Harry Turtledove sci-fi series about World War II and the earth being invaded by alien lizards

Yes I do usuually read a couple of different books at a time, one for downstairs, one for upstairs, sometimes one for the bathroom

Harry Turtledove at one time kept me entertained, not only for the World War series of books you mention but for his game on the American civil war series from his novel called, 'If The South Won The War'. It spanned over eighty years and his characters were engaging and realistic. His what if books, such as Pearl harbour, Spanish armada, and one about colonialism, which I can't remember. But his recent offerings have not lived up to his better standards of his earlier series. I could do with re-reading them again.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been reading a lot as have had COVID.
Hubby got me a trial of kindle unlimited.
Read murders at fleat house by Lucinda Riley.
Read the night she disappeared by. Lisa Jewell.
Finished first three Harry turtledove world war series
read ballantyne series by Peter rimmer
And a series about aliens harvesting the sun so humans have to recolonize elsewhere. Can't remember author but might have been called solar world, winter world and something else.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still reading Peter rimmer brigandshaw chronicles
Also reading Tim weaver series about pi David rakerthen back to turtledove series

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have just finished Richard Osmans third book in his Thursday Murder club series. Very good but second book was better.
Also read fourth in series of Time Police. By Jodi Taylor. Impressive. How this series and St Mary's series not been made into tv or film series.

Reactions: hankjam