Is green tea with lemon good for you as just been told to stop drinking it

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who told you to stop and why?
Can't think of any reason why it should be "bad" or "good".

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Gp didn't give a reason
I'd ask him for the reason.
Or are you having cans of sweetened green lemon ice tea? It may be the GP was thinking you meant this, not simply green tea with lemon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t see why it would be bad for a type 2 diabetic, it’s low carb and low calorie, unless you’re adding loads of sugar of course. I just googled “is green tea bad for diabetics” and there was nothing to suggest you should stop drinking it. I would ask your GP why he said this.

BC274FC8-ADD9-4BB9-A768-F0FD19CFB728.jpg

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its very effective at treating genital warts apparently. However green tea contains significant amounts of aluminium and they recommend no more than 5 cups in a day, and less if you have kidney disease.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The lemon isn't great for your teeth, though I've yet to meet a GP who takes teeth into account.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I drink copious amounts of green tea sometimes with a slice of lemon and water with sliced lemon with no probs. But I do drink the water with a straw ;)

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I suppose green tea can raise blood pressure in some people, so it could be something like that, but in any event, your GP is an idiot for not telling you why. He may just know nothing about diet, and be completely wrong about the tea. A lot of doctors seem to think you should fight T2 with a food pyramid of statins, baked beans, bananas and oatmeal. Maybe he's one of those...

Reactions: OrsonKartt