When's your DDay (Diabetes day)?

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi people,
I was Diagnosed on the 24th May 2004 (2yrs of age). I'm now 11 and want to know what you do on your DDays. Do you celebrate or spit on them? Lol :lol: . By the way, todays mothers day and want to shout out to all the mothers of Diabetic children! You guys are Hero's! Anyway thanks.

Livvie xxx :)

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't remeber the the day or even the year give or take 1, some time around 2000.

Just Laura

See, there you go being lovely livvie again!

I think it's a frat idea to have a DDay. God knows you kids have so much to put up with being diabetic so you may as well take any perks you can :) My daughter gets to choose a treat/day out each time she fills up a sharps bin.

:)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lynde89

Not too long till the 9 year mark then Livvie!! Are you planning on doing anything for it? :)
My 20 years is on the 5th October, I was diagnosed age 4 in '93.
JustLaura, the sharps bin & treat thing is a great idea! :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lovelylivpet said:
Hi people,
I was Diagnosed on the 24th May 2004 (2yrs of age). I'm now 11 and want to know what you do on your DDays. Do you celebrate or spit on them? Lol :lol: . By the way, todays mothers day and want to shout out to all the mothers of Diabetic children! You guys are Hero's! Anyway thanks

Livvie xxx :)

Hi Lovelylivpet

Mine is August 1989, (Can't remember the date in August though, but in the middle of the month). August comes and goes and I just enjoy the end of the summer :)

Best wishes RRB

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
17th February. I made a cake this year to celebrate it :)

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
February...Erm..yep, just February:smile:

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
26 January 1986. I was 12 going on 13. I don't celebrate it or spit on it just mentally acknowledge it but maybe next year I will mark the day - still here and still healthy is definitely something I am grateful for

MrsDMiles

Hello
A message from a worried Mammy,
My little boy is 3 in June and just been diagnosed. I'm so scared and worried, just looking for reassurance that it does get better and that you don't blame your parents? Thank you x x

Reactions: 2 people

lynde89

Hi MrsD!

Sorry to hear about your little boy, I know it must be hard for you right now but it will get better. It's all about routine to begin with.

I was diagnosed when I was 4 & don't really remember not being diabetic, I think that is easier than getting it when a bit older as there is more to adjust. My younger brother was diagnosed at 21 & I know it was a big change for him, especially as he had just become a daddy.

I do not blame my parents no, but I know that my mum sometimes blames herself, & that is hard for me to know. Before i was diagnosed i had had 2 heart operations (they got it wrong the 1st time) so that is part of it too I think. But she always used to tell me that only the people who were strong enough to cope with diabetes would get it & that helps me from time to time. Your son obviously has a supporting & loving mother behind him which is irreplaceable.

Of course there may still be some down days (& I have had type 1 for 20 years this year) but they are what you learn from & a down day from time to time is normal for anyone!

Do you know anyone or does anyone in your family have diabetes? So you can learn stuff from them 1st hand?

Please do not blame yourself. (Sorry for the huge essay!) :)

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it just me but I glance on this thread in the forum view and at first I think "When's your Dolmio day?"

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
MCMLXXIII said:
Is it just me but I glance on this thread in the forum view and at first I think "When's your Dolmio day?"

Lol :) I don't, but I'm going to try to see that :lol:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Every new year's eve I remember mine as it was 30th december !
Almost new years eve ... :)

Anna.

Reactions: 2 people