When's your DDay (Diabetes day)?

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As well as a birthday couldn't you lend an idea from world war 2 as in D-Day.
The day you declare War on Diabetes.

@myroomsadisco

sunday

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My daughters Dday is this week 14 of June. She´s got it six years then. I always ask her what she wants to do. Normally she wants a big cake with a lot of sugar :D . This year we are going to have a grill party with her friends.

Maybe to some people it sounds a little bit weird to celebrate the day, but we think it´s like a present. If she would have been born 100 years ago or if we would live in another country like india she would have been dead and so we are thankful that we live here and now- where we have insuline and the possibility to get it.
Vera

Pepsi Max

I like to treat myself to Candy Floss on my anniversary! KIDDING! Mine is the 8th Feb 2005... It was Pancake Tuesday & a nurse in A&E asked me what was I going to give up for lent! I was still in shock from the news of being diagnosed that I said "apparently I've given up my Pancreas"

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Mines the 8th November 1996 - this year will be my 17th year with type 1. I never really ever celebrated my DDay before but I think after reading this I should bake a cake and treat myself :D

madcat73

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My D Day is 5th July 2002 with type 2, 2 days before my 29th birthday put a real big dampener on my birthday and made me worried as i was only 15 days off getting married

icylilies

Hi,

I was diagnosed on the 15th July 2011 :)

Three days to go! I also get my alpacas then :lol: I think that's my d-day pressie haha :3

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Feb 3rd 2003 the day after my grandmas birthday when i was 13 now 24 with a fasting bg of 32.7 hba1c is now the lowest its ever been at 65 (8.1%) woooohooooo i get given a teddy to add to my russ bear coklection from my twin (non diabetic) sister every year

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
Mine is 29th December 1997, at the age of 8, I'm 24 now and it will be 16 years this year.

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App

Pez68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant people
Blood test on my birthday, 2 days later T2, this was 3 weeks ago, can wait until my anniversary next year another reason to celebrate!!!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
28 Feb 1972 - so today is my 42nd anniversary.

Don't think I'll be celebrating :p

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
mine is 10 years this july