Tired, Painful Joints, Lethargic, Weak, Memory Going

fats1964

Well...been docs, ive gained 9Kg in 2 months, heaviest ive been for ages, blood pressure at 170/90
got aspirin today, gabapentin, increased ramipril, waiting for app for feet to be looked at, diabetic clinic next week

apart from all that, im knackered

Well actually got a good exercise bike yesterday, and that will probably lead any improvemnt in getting fitter,
cant remember all drugs now

Ramipril
Metformin
Gliclizide
Januvia
Atorvastatin
Gabapentin
Aspirin
Naproxen
Amitriptyline
Think thats it plus a cupboard full of supplements, of all sorts of stuff.
Back to docs on Christmas Eve, HO HO HO (sorry couldnt resist)

The exercise bike has cheered me up, cos I know I can work up and go like the clappers on that, once ive broke myself in afetr a few days building up. Bloody seat is too hard though.
Cant stop feeling hungry and eating for now, bu I think its that old fashoned Christmas and holiday feeling, I will not be touching cigars again though after this lot.

2christine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good lad I was wondering how you were, glad you feel motivated to get on your bike. I do wonder why the seats are so hard though ,they are all the same. :clap:

fats1964

Its my Birthday next week and Christmas and New Year soon after, i really do not fancy going without at this time, but i need my legs back and the bike is probably the only way to get building up for a good workout and burst into a sweat, and hoping the feet will get extra circulation too.
I will be 49, in a week, and in my 20s my doc said I wouldnt live to 50, alot to fix, but Im trying to let things drop into place without pressuring myself, if you know what I mean.

I will get round the seat problem somehow.

I had to ask my ex for the exercise bike, now she might want another go, with me not the bike, but that was another minefield
But im going to be picky as I have to do as i feel is right for me and the future, not just for a little comfort, its the whoel package I need, but along the lines I need for my life to work. Seems selfish, but, thats what I personally have to do to have things work for me.

Im already preaching to my kids, and friends, but tell myself thats the hard bit.

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Yo' Sup,

You're doctors appointment is Thursday? Have you done the letter and sent it on yet?
Q..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

fats1964

Appointment was today, yeah things are moving a bit, drugs, referrals to come
i put most things on previous post
thanks

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So glad that you have an upbeat proactive attitude now. Re the hard seat on the bike, you can buy slightly padded seat covers. I got one for my mother in Argos. Still not as comfy as an armchair but it's definitely an improvement :)

fats1964

BramHall456 said:
To fats 1964 know the feeling well.what do I say.wish there was a cure.sorry to say but join the rest of us we know what you are saying. Tony

Thanks Tony

I am looking forward to Christmas, but not dieting, exercise etc, but may even have to look at changing jobs, to get better routines, even if it is less money,,in my work tehre are jobs available (luckily) if I can get some fitness back, bit it wont be just get back to where I was I need to be healthier than I was, before recent times. But from someone who suffers from OCD, and other mental health issues including Aspergers type illness. I would need certain things in place to get things to work.
Alot to do.

Nessinoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wasps
Flies
Hi, I just want to say 'I know where you're coming from'. You know what you are doing wrong, but it's hard to change old habits. The symptoms you describe are all symptoms (in my experience) of high blood sugar. If you can get those down you will start to feel better, then when you start to feel better you can start to change things - slowly!
Also you mention depression. Are you on any meds for it? You won't be able to change anything if you are in that pit of depression, so either get some medication, or get it changed/adjusted.
Little steps, my man, little steps!

fats1964

Im on Citalopram for depression, all it does is seem to make me more tired.
Been back to docs a couple of times, and something that is really niggling me is, elbows and knees etc.
I had an old inljury like tennis elbow but they call it golfers elbow, and i have this in both elbows, severe pain and weakness and they keep saying its diabetes, no one else I have spoken to says they had anything similar, knees are heading the same way, plus painds in wrists, shoulders, as well as hands and feet etc.
Someone had said it sounded like fibromyalga or adrenal problems or even MS, has anyone else had anything similar?
ive now got extra med for blood pressure and gabapantin increased, just started on Victoza. Got hospital app for the lump on my foot and one for podiatrist, to come, then back to diabetic nurse. I think Im going to see about bariatrc surgery, but they tell me i might not get it.
Then I thought seeing as I have become more ill over the years, and the NHS knew all my problems, and that I havent had very good treatment, maybe I should sue them. Im going to see a dietition again, and the process goes round in circles.I think I now know im not going to be able to permanently be good on food except at times when problems are severe. So unfortuanately, I have accepted that surgery will be the only thing that can be done that will improve many things.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Im on Citalopram for depression, all it does is seem to make me more tired.
Been back to docs a couple of times, and something that is really niggling me is, elbows and knees etc.
I had an old inljury like tennis elbow but they call it golfers elbow, and i have this in both elbows, severe pain and weakness and they keep saying its diabetes, no one else I have spoken to says they had anything similar, knees are heading the same way, plus painds in wrists, shoulders, as well as hands and feet etc.
Someone had said it sounded like fibromyalga or adrenal problems or even MS, has anyone else had anything similar?
ive now got extra med for blood pressure and gabapantin increased, just started on Victoza. Got hospital app for the lump on my foot and one for podiatrist, to come, then back to diabetic nurse. I think Im going to see about bariatrc surgery, but they tell me i might not get it.
Then I thought seeing as I have become more ill over the years, and the NHS knew all my problems, and that I havent had very good treatment, maybe I should sue them. Im going to see a dietition again, and the process goes round in circles.I think I now know im not going to be able to permanently be good on food except at times when problems are severe. So unfortuanately, I have accepted that surgery will be the only thing that can be done that will improve many things.

I recognise that.
I originally went to the doctors with all those symptoms.
I have a good doctor, I had full bloods, hospital referrals, sleep apnea tests, mri brain scan, and found nothing. In the end we decided it may be ME, based mainly on the lack of evidence. However the final blood screen did show I had become type 2.

I took the meds, and changed my diet.
Not low carb, but no sugars, bread, etc, only carbs that I could tolerate.
This made a great difference to everything.
Then a few false starts on a weight loss low cal diet, but after a couple of years I've now got my weight down recently, and that again has made another difference to the aches.

I was hungry too, but can definitely vouch for the improvement afterwards being worth it.

fats1964

I recognise that.
I originally went to the doctors with all those symptoms.
I have a good doctor, I had full bloods, hospital referrals, sleep apnea tests, mri brain scan, and found nothing. In the end we decided it may be ME, based mainly on the lack of evidence. However the final blood screen did show I had become type 2.

I took the meds, and changed my diet.
Not low carb, but no sugars, bread, etc, only carbs that I could tolerate.
This made a great difference to everything.
Then a few false starts on a weight loss low cal diet, but after a couple of years I've now got my weight down recently, and that again has made another difference to the aches.

I was hungry too, but can definitely vouch for the improvement afterwards being worth it.
I should be making a few changes in the next week, I couldnt understand the elbow and muscle pain and weakness, (same as i had for a work injury), but now in both elbows, I have sleep apnea, ive tried to do a few diy jobs, but even lifting my arms above my head to use a screwdriver, is very hard i am so weak. Cant do the walking I need as I have a lump on my foot that needs removing, I bet they tell me to lose weight and get diabetes under control first, ive just had enough.
Im cutting out my bacardi on new years day, except for birthdays etc.
More embarrassing, I cant even move enough to have sex, which is a big disaster for me, my partner who I split from is back with me, despite my probs, feels like im stuck in a bubble or magnetic field of my own restraints, and I need to break them...........thinking.............

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
............... I bet they tell me to lose weight and get diabetes under control first, .............

It changed my life entirely when I did.
And you sound identical to me, so I would say go for it.
No one thought I could do it either.

Reactions: 2 people

fats1964

Its coming together, but im graudually increasing meds and got extras ive just started, got exercise bike etc, few appointments coming up.

Something puzzling me is these elbow and other joint problems, if I had antibiotics, etc for something else, these problems would improve or go away for a while, enabling me to do more and feel better, so to me I had underliying infection in my joints etc. which I have now, but no antibiotics,
maybe some sort of inflamation, caused by uncontrolled diabetes or another condition, ,y doc even mention Gout, Fibromyalgia, and Adrenal syndrome,

So when I start my exercise and routines I have planned, I need these joints more mobile and less pain.

Ive got a few things in motion, and will need to monitor and record how I do to see in black and white even if I cant feel it.

K

Kat100

Hello and welcome, new year plans, hope you make the tight ones for you, you have a lot of support here to help you achieve your dreams.
Best wishes Kat :cat:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Its coming together, but im graudually increasing meds and got extras ive just started, got exercise bike etc, few appointments coming up.

Something puzzling me is these elbow and other joint problems, if I had antibiotics, etc for something else, these problems would improve or go away for a while, enabling me to do more and feel better, so to me I had underliying infection in my joints etc. which I have now, but no antibiotics,
maybe some sort of inflamation, caused by uncontrolled diabetes or another condition, ,y doc even mention Gout, Fibromyalgia, and Adrenal syndrome,

So when I start my exercise and routines I have planned, I need these joints more mobile and less pain.

Ive got a few things in motion, and will need to monitor and record how I do to see in black and white even if I cant feel it.

Ask the doc about anti inflammatories like ibuprofen, for short term use.

fats1964

Been chatting to someone online, who says the weakness, pains, muscle loss, etc is not down to diabetes, maybe signs, of MS, Fibromyalia, or other problems, its so annoying, doing exercise bike and other bits, yet I lay in bed and looked at my phone for 30 seconds and my arms were aching as if I was painting ot artexing a ceiling etc, and felt exhausted doing it, I will try anti inflammatories, ive had those before, Docs tomorrow for sick note and hospital to look at the lump on my foot, ( I presume they will say lose weight, and improve diabetes, not easy without being able to walk)

C

catherinecherub

Quite a cocktail of drugs there.

The citalopram is probably putting weight on and can also produce muscle aches as can the Atorvastatin. As you are already on a NSAID, Naproxen,it would not be wise to include another anti inflammatory as this will affect your blood pressure.

As your G.P. if he will change your antidepressant because of the weight gain. Are your cholesterol levels high?

I hope things improve for you soon.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Been chatting to someone online, who says the weakness, pains, muscle loss, etc is not down to diabetes, maybe signs, of MS, Fibromyalia, or other problems, its so annoying, doing exercise bike and other bits, yet I lay in bed and looked at my phone for 30 seconds and my arms were aching as if I was painting ot artexing a ceiling etc, and felt exhausted doing it, I will try anti inflammatories, ive had those before, Docs tomorrow for sick note and hospital to look at the lump on my foot, ( I presume they will say lose weight, and improve diabetes, not easy without being able to walk)

Been there, and I'm very pleased to say it wasn't any of them, just the diabetes, so you're not alone.

fats1964

This is what is going to happen, first have a good new years eve

New Years Day
My victoza increase to 1.2ml
Then, cut my bacardi and pepsi max right down, keep off the fags which is 11 weeks now,
and go for a walk each day, and use exercise bike, (get a good sweat)
Have my muesli in the mornings or eggs and tomatoes
during the day have some pre prepared salad type things wth my favourites, get a slow cooker and have (hopefully) some stew type thing to nibble at for rest of day,
bread will be one of the biggest things to stop, so i will just limit it, for now instead of stuffing my face (everything on bread)

Trying to get others in the house not to bring bad foods that I might fall victim to
Spend less time sat in this chair, causing me less circulation for my feet and lower legs.
Try to do some sort of exercise for upper body.
Drink more water

I have probably been so out of condition for so long, that I am almost at a ceasing up point,

I am really hoping I can get back to work by March and have this lump removed from my foot, plus I am still thinking of bariatrc surgery, if I pass the "tests" they give me, my normal job would have me working away from home week after week, that makes diet etc much harder or used to
and a future aim is to find my soul mate to keep me on the right track,

Thanks for everyones help, im 50 next year and I would like to be a better me by then (December)
Have a Happy New Year

Reactions: 2 people