Xls medical carb blocker

Jacquie63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, I'm a type 1 late onset taking levermir and novo rapid. I've put on a heck of weight since my diagnosis but today a friend told me about this new weight loss tablet. It's from xls medical but it's not the fat blocker it's a carb blocker. Just curious as to wether anyone has tried it on here, it's supposed to block 2/3 of carbs in a meal but on insulin I would probably be scared to try it. Been low carbing since 1st jan as a resolution!! But finding it hard going to be honest!! And does the low carbing get any easier with time?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, i know nothing about insulin at all, ive seen this advert on tv and strikes me as being crazy, it strikes me as eating something then making yourself sick or in this case taking a tablet, better to not eat it in the first place, i think the trick is to find really nice low carb meals so you dont struggle, its a bit of a hassle but if your enjoying what your eating it shouldnt be too difficult (easy for me to say) personally i do low carb baking at the weekend it keeps me from wanting the carbs because the cakes etc are so yummy, are you seeing any benefits from the low carbing ie. any reduction of stabilization of bgs? i think the best incentive to carry on is having success with it, anyways, best of luck :)

Reactions: 2 people

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi, I have been reading up on this as was curious, have a look at this page;

http://www.dietpillswatchdog.com/xls-medical-carb-blocker/

The scarey bits I though were -

However when actually reading this, the same study went on to say that this substance requires further testing because the control groups of trial volunteers were so small. In one test eleven people and in another just seven individuals underwent the clinical trial.

It is also important to note that XLS Medical Carb Blocker is classified as a “medical device” and does not have to conform to foodstuffs standards.

Unlike products described as drugs or foodstuffs, a medical device does not have to provide any proof that it is safe or even works.

Even the ingredients do not have to be outlined. A certified medical device enables the manufacturers to sell products without an adequate ingredient profile or any benefit to the end user. This applies to all medical devices and not just XLS Medical Carb Blocker.

I was wondering if it would speed up weight loss on a low carb diet, but I don't think I'll be trying it. It's very expensive too.

Reactions: 3 people

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
The "active ingredient", Phaselite is available much cheaper without the xls branding.

I don't think it would be a good idea to rely on it though.

Jacquie63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, thanks for the replies. Spent a bit of time looking this up today and think I'll stick with my low carbing!!! Don't really fancy large amounts of carb passing through my bowel!! Plus the price of this stuff is unbelievable!! Went on a bit of a mad one for the last four months ... Totally fed up and eating like an absolute idiot...injecting loads of novo rapid to try and compensate and got into one hell of a mess..:( the low carbing is doing me the world of good and my blood sugar levels are perfect... Just reading how the experts on here are so in control of the condition always gives me hope and will power ...and it's not costing me £60 for a box of tablets... Thanks andy ... I've been looking at low carb recipes like you suggested and the main thing is my control is good...I'm sure the weight loss will follow shortly ..thanks again peeps xx

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

watch it to the end

has nothing to do with nothing, but somehow gets me through the hard bits in life

but thats just me :)