Skin Conditions & Diabetes

Barbara75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have red itchy blotches on my lower legs. Does anyone know if these are likely to be Diabetes related

Reactions: 2 people

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Have a look at the thread called "Red Blotches" in the "Ask a Question" section. There's a good discussion on there on just this subject.

Viv

C

catherinecherub

There are a lot of skin conditions that can be caused by diabetes and there are a lot of skin conditions that the non diabetes population can encounter.

Best to get medical advice and get the right treatment. It may be that you need some emollient or just general advice.
I would suggest that you do not use scented bath/shower products until you have been seen by your G.P. Try not to scratch as this may spread the rash.

If you google - skin rashes and diabetes- most sites come up with the ones that are known about.

Barbara75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
There are a lot of skin conditions that can be caused by diabetes and there are a lot of skin conditions that the non diabetes population can encounter.

Best to get medical advice and get the right treatment. It may be that you need some emollient or just general advice.
I would suggest that you do not use scented bath/shower products until you have been seen by your G.P. Try not to scratch as this may spread the rash.

If you google - skin rashes and diabetes- most sites come up with the ones that are known about.

If you google - skin rashes and diabetes- most sites come up with the ones that are known about.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice. Have seen GP today, he has prescribed Dermovate. If no improvement after 3 weeks he suggests referral to a Dermatologist