BURNS NIGHT

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone not been on here for a while and wow the forum has changed. Just like to wish all the Scottish forum members a Happy Burns night x

Reactions: 2 people

audsital

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat carbs!
Hi stoney, thanks and all best to you too, don't know how many carbs are in a haggis, so maybe you should just eat the neeps n leave the tatties!!!:p

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Chrisspiller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I'm not Scottish, Asda had no haggis, I'm off the tatties and neeps because of the carbs, but I'm enjoying a 15 year old Springbank Whisky so it's not all bad. Happy Burns night !

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I'm lucky now. my body allows me to cope with a bit of haggis these days,celeriac mash subs for neeps these days, and the neeps are OK carb wise.
Springbank is great, but I prefer something from Skye or Islay.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
happy burns night! whatever that is..... im a quarter scottish so i should probly know lol if my grandad is looking down on me he wont be impressed

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I don't think I would have gotten away with boiling neeps tonight. The kids are already threatening to leave home because of my cauliflower cooking stinking out the house these days :***:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have to give the response to the toast to the lassies at my boss's burns supper next week. I'm dreading it!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
happy burns night! whatever that is..... im a quarter scottish so i should probly know lol if my grandad is looking down on me he wont be impressed

Tut tut andy. This yorkshireman has has haggis tatties and neeps and ended the night with a 5.7. Now, if a yorkshireman can do it ......

Real lancashire black pudding tomorrow and then I'll have done my bit for Yorkshire's International Relations and it'll be back to Whitby Cod and kippers.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
shhhhh, i love black pudding, i just dont think about whats in it :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Love haggis but didn't get one yesterday, with luck they'll be selling them off cheap later in the week :)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll have to have a go at making this american dish, popular amongst the pennsylvania dutch. It's called Scrapple. It's made from Hog Offal as opposed to Sheep Offal.

scrapple-large.jpg