Pancakes

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldn't have pancakes today as it's my blood test this afternoon. :) but I intend to have one tomorrow - no sugar though! I like mine with butter on.

Reactions: 2 people

Cath16

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You guys have read my mind. I have had my best blood sugar day since I was diagnosed in January. This morning 6.7. Before lunch 7.1 and 2 hours after 7.2. Am really pleased with these. Anyway, had been debating with myself about whether or not to have a pancake with butter. Decision now made and I'm gonna really enjoy it. Be interested in how that affects things.

Cath

K

Kat100

Just made my batter, going to have with Splenda, raspberries, and crem fresh half fat....
Now just have to try cooking them...have not made them for years......
Back in the 60's shrove Tuesday was a really big thing, my dear old nan, made a day of it , all extended family had one with sugar and orange juice they were lovely.....now we are spoilt for fillings.....:) x

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmmmmm delicious. Thin, crisp and piping hot straight from the pan, plenty of butter with a sprinkle of orange juice.

Reactions: 4 people

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Mmmmmmm delicious. Thin, crisp and piping hot straight from the pan, plenty of butter with a sprinkle of orange juice.
Stop it, you're making me hungry!

Out of interest, how many of you have tried almond flour pancakes? I made some last year and they were so nice with a squeeze of lemon juice and a little honey. Mmmmm!

K

Kat100

Ooooooo I am still to try baking with almond flour, going to get some and have pancake day again next week. :) enjoy them everyone x

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just had one pancake and feel so ill:( My stomach is bloated and it hurts. I am going to use my last test strip and see how it has affected my bs (then I really must order some more strips as I haven't tested as much as I should recently).

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Stop it, you're making me hungry!

Out of interest, how many of you have tried almond flour pancakes? I made some last year and they were so nice with a squeeze of lemon juice and a little honey. Mmmmm!

Almond flour ANYTHING is excellent.
It's really good for making american style thick & fluffy pancakes.

I'm a bit random though today - I made savoury almond flour pancakes, with chicken and avocado.

Disneyfan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave in, blood was only 5.5 before tea so I succumbed - sugar free chocolate sauce and cream .... it was good, but was it worth it?

Beezee

Read all the recipe ideas on here, bought the almond flour and then the demon kicked in "what harm can it do? It's only a little pancake .."

11.2 before pancake (lowest reading this week) 21.1 two hours later. Pancakes with plain white flour are off the list!

I used a little Stevia to sweeten - my first go with it. I suppose that could be to blame, but I doubt it!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I too was naughty today. I made loads for the masses and then ate one with sugar free jam and whipped cream- lush! Bs 1 hour after 6.6. :)

Reactions: 3 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't see this thread! I Oates about pancakes on a new thread. Can't find it now ... I'm on my mobile.

2 eggs
50g fromage frais
15g ground almonds

And/or 15g milled flax seed/linseed

I used linseed with pumpkin seeds but if you want a sweeter version the one with sesame, blueberry and raspberries is lovely.

Accompany them with anything. Above makes about 6 scotch pancake sized. Total 6g carbs.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Just made my batter, going to have with Splenda, raspberries, and crem fresh half fat....
Now just have to try cooking them...have not made them for years......
Back in the 60's shrove Tuesday was a really big thing, my dear old nan, made a day of it , all extended family had one with sugar and orange juice they were lovely.....now we are spoilt for fillings.....:) x

I do savoury fillings from sweated down veggies and make pancakes with chickpea flour. It needs an extra egg. They get a nice frilly crispy edge to them.
Hana