I can't be the only one... Please tell me I'm not wierd

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As my blood sugar levels drop through 5.5 and down the tips of my fingers go cold and as I go lower I can tell what my levels are approximately based on how far the cold has crept down my hands until 4.0 when I am cold up to my elbows. At about 4.8 it is my whole hands and fingers. I never noticed this originally (only in the last 2 to 3 weeks).

Anyone else noticed this and does it go away ?

PS i have lost over 3 stone and I have seen the other threads about cold hands and feet but nobody mentioned this. Makes me think my natural level should be at 5.6

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Your Not Weird! ....well yes your weird but Your Not Weird!

lol ive never heard of this but id keep it quiet, acucheck will kill you while you sleep

sounds pretty useful :) i get cold hands and feet but cant feel it myself, if i happen to brush against someone they comment but im unaware of it

awesome job with the weight loss :)

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've noticed that my hands feel much colder now that I've lost some weight. I haven't tried to correlate it to my BG readings though.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that my nose goes cold when my levels get low, never took any notice of my hands as they are often cold.

Angie

Disneyfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ooh I've been getting cold hands and nose too, never thought it'd be related!

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
let us know if you find a correlation a sample of 1 isn't statistically significant :)

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS i have lost over 3 stone and I have seen the other threads about cold hands and feet but nobody mentioned this. Makes me think my natural level should be at 5.6

An otherwise healthy person will oscillate between 4.0 and 6.5 though this varies from person to person and also depends on what they eat. I am often in the 4s and 5s now but my toes do feel cold sometimes. My wife tells me that they are warm to the touch though.

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Not me but there will be someone else I bet