mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
back on the sofa, cant move, legs and feet are just gone, peeing blood the consistancy of ketchup but i have a cup of green tea and a coconut atkins bar, smashed my predicted time by half an hour(ish) so i am on cloud nine :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Bloody hell, 30mins off your predicted time is a huge chunk Andy. Did you enjoy it ? Any particular problems ? Well done :)

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thankyou mate :) i could have gone faster i reckon, i was holding back trying not to die, but felt quite good, i did this spurt at the end because of the crowds and got cramp in the back of my leg, it was agony i was limping along and could see the finish, trying to run, im thinking omg i can stop now lol but saw the photographer so tried to run properly lol and that seemed to cure it :) it was the best experience of my life, it was hard but the pain is already forgotten (until i try to get up off the sofa)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thankyou :) i am chuffed, after the marathon im sticking to park runs and buying a nice bike, london to brighton next year is my next challenge, this running is bloody killing me

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
thankyou :) i am chuffed, after the marathon im sticking to park runs and buying a nice bike, london to brighton next year is my next challenge, this running is bloody killing me
Must admit, as we get older, running gets harder. Cycling or rowing is much kinder on the body ! Still, a marathon is nice to tick off the bucket list. I've tried to get into London Marathon last 2 years in a row but no luck. One day, and it will just be the once. Enjoy the rest of your Sun with your feet up.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Peeing blood though? Mo Farrah never mentions that! :eek:

However you are an inspiration to many so have a virtual trophy to add to the others!:cool:

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thankyou :) its just my stones i reckon, i have some pain now but hopefully they are working there way down hehe

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
12916 today, make that 13,000 before bed :)

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im being carried up to bed or sleeping right here.....where did i put my potty?

Reactions: 4 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
12102- feeling quite pleased with that today.

Work tomorrow...wont be as good.

I should have married someone with money, then I could concentrate on looking after myself

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a slow day yesterday.

I find it hard to get the steps up on days I don't run as I'm at the desk. I can't run everyday because I can barely walk on the day between runs (not peeing blood yet though Andy ;) )

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Vivofit has an activity bar that comes up if you're stationary for too long. I've not worked out the bathroom I need to walk to in order to get the bar to go away.

Let's watch my step count soar ;)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
lol you cant consider yourself a runner until the running is life threatening

I'm a T1, I could get a severe hypo and die.

Life threatening enough for you ;) ha! (I joke but my god is that a terrifying thought!)

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The most dangerous thing about my rowing is that sometimes when I'm really going for it in a sprint start my backside lifts up of the seat enough for it to get away from me, in which case my backside lands on the slide rails instead. Already done my coccyx once and spent 6 weeks sitting on an amusing cushion. Amusing for others that is, not me. Seriously considering Velcro pants

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Sometimes happens when the DF is too high Thommo. Have you tried lowering the damper ? I've done it lots of times and it ain't pretty :cool: