Average blood tests per day?

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
I test at least 5 times a day, many days more than that, I get 100 (2 pots) each time I want, i've never been refused. usually every 3 weeks

Reactions: 2 people

Adele99

To reduce costs our Health Board contacted all the Type 1 diabetics and asked if they'd be happy to change to a Braun Omnitest testing machine.As the strips were £9 for 50. My normal strips it seemd were £15 per 50. We weren't forced to change just encouraged. With a min use of 150 strips per month was a £216 saving on me alone per year, so imagine it saved quite a bit for the Health Board and made sense.

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
To reduce costs our Health Board contacted all the Type 1 diabetics and asked if they'd be happy to change to a Braun Omnitest testing machine.As the strips were £9 for 50. My normal strips it seemd were £15 per 50. We weren't forced to change just encouraged. With a min use of 150 strips per month was a £216 saving on me alone per year, so imagine it saved quite a bit for the Health Board and made sense.
I do appreciate the need to keep costs down and I admit I have no idea how much my strips ( freestyle lite) cost but my surgery cut my prescription in half with no explanation and with no option of discussing trying to reduce testing. I've also had my diabetic nurse telling me not to agree to change my meter to a cheaper one as it calculates carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk