Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Maybe your the sensible one , how long have you been diabetic for , had a nightmare tonight got chest infection on antibiotics so have to half my levemir as antibiotics make me hypo , had **** hypo this afternoon so couldn't correct bg felt awful earlier on so tested ketones and was+++ so been a pin cushion all evening and haven't stopped drinking water " have u ever experienced the same problem ,it just seems a battle at times , hope I'm not boring u lol x

Sorry your having an awful evening Kerry. I've been type 1 for 32 years now, for some strange reason I never show ketones when I'm ill even though I do test using the ketostix, I recently acquired a blood ketone meter and strips so I'll check again next time I'm poorly as the blood sample is more accurate.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, it's something to think about before you get one!!
;)

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Sorry your having an awful evening Kerry. I've been type 1 for 32 years now, for some strange reason I never show ketones when I'm ill even though I do test using the ketostix, I recently acquired a blood ketone meter and strips so I'll check again next time I'm poorly as the blood sample is more accurate.
God u r experienced I have been type 1 for 4 years now and had enough already "constantly ill with colds and doctors attitude is well can't do much as you are diabetic , sure there is something that can help my immune system " any recommendations as you are so experienced xx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The only advice is to manage your diabetes as best as you can, also make sure you eat a healthy diet rich in fruit and vegetables and be sure to get plenty of fresh air and exercise, if you've not got a dog already get one as they always want walked no matter what the weather is like outside :)

Reactions: 2 people

lacey1

i have two my husbands name on the small of my back never hurt at all and a beautiful small butterfly on the side of my hand which killed for days lol good luck with yours just be sure u go to a reputable place and follow all after care instructions :p

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Ah thank u so much for your lovely advice and your caring nature your a star , much appreciated x :D

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got a dog you can have! Free to a good home! Does things like this whilst you're out...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395352825.131584.jpg

This is what I came home to today!!

Indiana x

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
i have two my husbands name on the small of my back never hurt at all and a beautiful small butterfly on the side of my hand which killed for days lol good luck with yours just be sure u go to a reputable place and follow all after care instructions :p

oh god I think I have changed my mind already lol , I'm thinking of a bracelet tattoo on my wrist with type 1 on it with some pretty charms what do u think :) X

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got 2, wifes name on chest written in a scroll on a heart, sons name on arm. Didn't hurt :)
Of just say same as others, reputable place, follow aftercare, and be 100% you want one, and the place you have it.

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
I've got a dog you can have! Free to a good home! Does things like this whilst you're out... View attachment 3739

This is what I came home to today!!

Indiana

I don't think your dog is to keen on carpet ,err maybe Lino , how on earth have we gone from tattoos to dogs lol , have 3 children they give me enough exercise xx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Looks nasty Indiana, my dog would be out the door and housed in the garage if he did that :(

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Got 2, wifes name on chest written in a scroll on a heart, sons name on arm. Didn't hurt :)
Of just say same as others, reputable place, follow aftercare, and be 100% you want one, and the place you have it.

hi Brett thank u very much what do u think about bracelet tattoo on wrist with type 1 written on it with pretty charms all I keep thinking is PAIN :) X

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm. Her behaviour is getting pretty bad lately!
Anyway.. Back to tattoos ;)

Indiana x

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine on my wrist didn't hurt. It's just like a scratch.
I've got one on my foot and that hurt! On my arm and the one on the back of my neck were quite enjoyable!

Indiana x

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thought about having this myself, but, decided on an medical band, one on each wrist just in case if its ever needed don't know which wrist would be checked, oh and a medical necklace, incase they miss the wrists and check there.

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Thought about having this myself, but, decided on an medical band, one on each wrist just in case if its ever needed don't know which wrist would be checked, oh and a medical necklace, incase they miss the wrists and check there.

good thinking Brett had diabetic wristbands and lost them then had an engraved bracelet and that broke so thought diabetes is for life so y not opt for a tattoo , maybe I should be tattooed everywhere so they don't miss it at all x

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food

Just out of curiosity how long have u been on insulin pump , do u think it is better than injecting ,I'm doing a course at the moment and am hoping to b considered for insulin pump x

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just out of curiosity how long have u been on insulin pump , do u think it is better than injecting ,I'm doing a course at the moment and am hoping to b considered for insulin pump x

Had for about 9 months, definately better, and, I'm.sure a paramedic would know what it was if i lost all my id lol

lacey1

oh god I think I have changed my mind already lol , I'm thinking of a bracelet tattoo on my wrist with type 1 on it with some pretty charms what do u think :) X
think long and hard about it and be sure on your design and body place but i think your idea sounds lovely r u having some colour added to the charms and if u go ahead with it pics please x :p

Kerry74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hot and spicy food
Had for about 9 months, definately better, and, I'm.sure a paramedic would know what it was if i lost all my id lol

Let's hope they don't think it is your pager lol , pretty sure you won't loose ALL that I.d. X let's hope I get pump