Blurred Vision

diabeticdancer

Please help.

I was diagnosed type 1 a couple of weeks ago and I now take insulin 4 times per day. Blood is currently at 12.4(low compared to what it was) and I have eaten healthy and exercised today.

The past few days I have really noticed a change in my eyesight. I can see clearly, but every so often my vision goes out of focus and I have to readjust my eyes. It's hard to explain, but it's similar to focussing a camera when u want a close up.

I've got lots of uni work to do so any suggestions on getting my eyes back to normal would be a big help. Oh, and I have very recently had an eye test which was fine. I don't wear glasses.

Thanks x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I get a bit like this when my bloods are high, when they come back down again it's all fine.
Maybe as you go on and your blood sugars settle down it will get better.

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
As your BG levels slowly get back down your eyesight should improve. High BG levels quite often causes blurred vision.

Lenya21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, I'll learn to live with it. I'll never love it.
When I was diagnosed my vision was so bad I could not drive or see people clearly. It took more than six weeks for my eyesight to come back maybe even more. I'm type one 11months now.

diabeticdancer

Thanks for replying :) As long as it will come back to normal that is the main thing. Although it is really irritating when I have deadlines to meet. Should I maybe think about asking for an extension?

What's the best way to lower the blood sugar? Exercise and water done.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
You could ask for more time I guess. Reducing sugar/carbs will help, as will the exercise :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
What's the best way to lower the blood sugar? Exercise and water done.

Exercise makes us more sensitive to the insulin so more the better. As your bg levels are rather high I would get in touch with your DSN about adjusting your insulin doses, if you record everything in a diary they will advise you further.

As for your eyes, they should return to normal once your bg is stabilised, high bg makes the lens of the eyes swell which in turn leads to blurry vision, if your concerned that it could be something else then I would suggest you get your eyes examined.

diabeticdancer

Exercise makes us more sensitive to the insulin so more the better. As your bg levels are rather high I would get in touch with your DSN about adjusting your insulin doses, if you record everything in a diary they will advise you further.

As for your eyes, they should return to normal once your bg is stabilised, high bg makes the lens of the eyes swell which in turn leads to blurry vision, if your concerned that it could be something else then I would suggest you get your eyes examined.
I'm due a phone call from her tomorrow so will see about adjusting it then.

How much insulin are u on?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm due a phone call from her tomorrow so will see about adjusting it then.

How much insulin are u on?

Good, hopefully you can both work together in reducing your bg levels :)

I inject around 36 units of insulin a day, that is for both basal & bolus.

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
My eyes have been like that for a bit! I got glasses although i thot my eyes were ok the difference in my sight since gettin them plus takes strain off my eyes thru these times!