Win £100 for £1 and help disabled kids :)

C

catherinecherub

Hello

Win £100 by guessing my finishing time in the London Marathon, for Any donation from £1 sponsored

My charity is

The Children's Trust Tadworth

They are amazing, they help children with multiple brain injuries/disabilities, you can read all about them here

www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/

Any sponsorship, however small goes to a really great place, so anything you can manage would be brilliant

When you donate there is a message box, if you put a time along with your message, the winner gets £100 out of my pocket :)

To donate please visit

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/andrewfennell2

Thankyou

Hi Andy,

Have you thought of contacting your local radio station and explaining what you are doing. They will usually help to promote these sorts of good causes and get some more donations..

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi Andy,

Have you thought of contacting your local radio station and explaining what you are doing. They will usually help to promote these sorts of good causes and get some more donations..

i was speaking to the lady from the charity today and shes contacting the local paper to see if they will doing a story about me (gulp!)

ill ask her about the radio too, thankyou :)

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Done Andy, I'll guess at 3:47:35, if I win (unlikely I never win anything!) give it to the charity too. Good luck :)

Steve

Reactions: 4 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All done ! I know the charity well as I used to live in Banstead before moving to Spain . They do wonderful things for the children good luck Andy.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Andy. Thanks for the lovely 'thank you'. Not necessary but nice all the same

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I thought I would give this thread another bump. Please give generously folks, this is for a really good cause.

Reactions: 4 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Anyone remember Mr *BUMP* from the Mr Men? My favorite character as a kid.:)

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i always liked mr neat who combed hes grass, ironic really as im a messy ******

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I used to have a dog ! How's the training going Andy ?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe, thankyou for asking, im tapering so only did 8 miles this morning, getting scared now, ive decided to stop watching videos on youtube as im scaring myself lol got some serious pain from what i can only assume is my stones moving about so im hoping this goes away soon, im drinking alot trying to flush them out which is also good for hydrating myself for the run,

so all in all i dont feel ready, i dont feel like ive trained enough, i wished i was doing it in 2015, i wished i had a better and definate eating strategy, im worried is getting hot and all my training has been done in the cold, confidence is very low but think this is all part of the "marathons are 20% physical 80% mental" thing so im going to try and relax, drink alot, sleep as much as i can and not get injured or a cold in the next 2 weeks

apart from that.....great! lol

edit: and to top off everything im going round the inlaws for mothers day and will be subjected to everyone advising me to eat differently lol, ive already had the how many potatoes does andy want on hes dinner today phone call, luckily i caught the message and my plate will be spudless :)

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I completely got the wrong end of the stick when you said you had pain from your stones moving about :oops:

I have huge faith in you, Andy! Woohoo! *shakes pom-poms*

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
All done Andy!

Wow, what a guy ;) And I reckon that if you even stagger across that line you will be doing a whole lot better than I have EVER done in my entire life :happy:

Did you ever watch "Run, Fat Boy, Run?". I love that cheesy movie and Simon Pegg really DOES stagger across the line :D YOU aren't fat of course ;) Go Andy, go!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
If it were me one thing would be for sure, I'd make sure I RAN across the line, even if I had to walk the first 26miles !