What is it with jeans?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Now here's the deal. I have gone down 1 stone 10lbs and a whole clothes size. Yes i know, I've told EVERYONE repeatedly! I assumed (yes I know , it makes an ass out of u and me) that jeans would be the same. I poured myself into the new size down and managed through a series of pulleys, ropes and half the staff at Asda to shoe horn myself in. All I can say is thank god for that 5% elastine or I never would have made it! Why? My incredibly tailored suit from debenhams fits and they're not known for their generosity in clothing! My other jeans could, as my hubbie tactfully puts it, house a refugee family in some war torn country! I managed to get into them at home, although I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the button pings off and takes someone's eye out! Talk about fitting where it touches! Lol! Am going out with kids to a country park so if you hear about someone in the news being arrested for assault and flashing - it'll be me!

Reactions: 2 people

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find that Debenhams (especially their 'Collection' range) are a bit generous. Asda on the other hand are a bit on the small side.

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I HATE wearing jeans!
I think I look good in my tops until I put my jeans on and it's pretty obvious I've had to squeeze them on!
Well done on your weight loss!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I've always struggled with jeans, constantly walking around pulling them up. Until I discovered Evans pear shaped jeans. They actually fit round my bum but with a smaller waist its so nice not to have to keep pulling them up.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If your jeans are made in the far east, you have to ask yourself if the 10 year old who sews the label in understands the UK measuring system.

Reactions: 5 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If your jeans are made in the far east, you have to ask yourself if the 10 year old who sews the label in understands the UK measuring system.
Fair point! Now feel really bad! :(

K

Kat100

It sounds awful, but those children and families are often so,proud to have a job making clothes ....
I know it does not look good, but other counties see a positive side ....

I love going to the Far East , it has thought me a lot....

Janiept

Expert
Asda are not known for their generosity in clothes sizes, but hey just think, another couple of pounds and they will fit like a glove - and then another couple and you will have to be buying the next size down again. Yay.

Reactions: 9 people
K

Kat100

We will always be clothes shopping .....no,time to eat and cook ,just looking good :). X

hornplayer

Found some nice ones in the Indigo range at M&S. Not usually generous in their jeans sizes, but I'm 2 sizes down from last time. I've lost some weight, but not 2 sizes worth! Also, Fat face ones do great things for bums! - or so I'm told. - I tend to keep mine carefully covered at all times! Nicest fit ones I've found are at East. Not cheap, but lovely. They did heavy linen ones last summer. Gorgeous, but I couldn't really justify it to myself so I didn't get any. Maybe this year......

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 5 people
K

Kat100

Found some nice ones in the Indigo range at M&S. Not usually generous in their jeans sizes, but I'm 2 sizes down from last time. I've lost some weight, but not 2 sizes worth! Also, Fat face ones do great things for bums! - or so I'm told. - I tend to keep mine carefully covered at all times! Nicest fit ones I've found are at East. Not cheap, but lovely. They did heavy linen ones last summer. Gorgeous, but I couldn't really justify it to myself so I didn't get any. Maybe this year......

East sales for me .....love the indigo range....:)
And two sizes down is great ......that is great x

Reactions: 3 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

I love indigo too. Won't splash the cash at mo as still trying to come down in weight! Congrats on weight loss!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
My jeans hang loosely from a point below where my waist should be. I have a triangular torso you see, only trouble is it's the wrong way up.

Reactions: 4 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
I look positively ridiculous in jeans, on the other hand, me better half has really slimmed down over the past few years.
She came home after shopping at the week-end wearing a big "woo-hoo look at this", face on her.
She'd popped into Asda for a nosey before the shopping and bought herself a pair of men's jeans for £6.
Heck, £6!!!! She does looks good in them though.
I've still to ask her what the heck was she doing looking in the men's jeans section, she'll probably say
"looking for jeans you old fool".

Now, if only I could pop into Asda and buy myself a pair of "lookin' good in them" female jeans......................

:playful:

Enjoy your jeans ladies.

willie. :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've moved away from Jeans to Chinos. they look smarter and much easier to get them to fit (if you can find them- matalan were good)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My jeans hang loosely from a point below where my waist should be. I have a triangular torso you see, only trouble is it's the wrong way up.
image.jpg

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I look positively ridiculous in jeans, on the other hand, me better half has really slimmed down over the past few years.
She came home after shopping at the week-end wearing a big "woo-hoo look at this", face on her.
She'd popped into Asda for a nosey before the shopping and bought herself a pair of men's jeans for £6.
Heck, £6!!!! She does looks good in them though.
I've still to ask her what the heck was she doing looking in the men's jeans section, she'll probably say
"looking for jeans you old fool".

Now, if only I could pop into Asda and buy myself a pair of "lookin' good in them" female jeans......................

:playful:

Enjoy your jeans ladies.

willie. :)
Whatever floats your boat, he, he! :D

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've moved away from Jeans to Chinos. they look smarter and much easier to get them to fit (if you can find them- matalan were good)
Am more of a maxi dress person - hide it all under a piece of pretty material but we go out lots with the kids so jeans and docs are de rigeur! Am looking forward to losing more weight so that I actually dare flash my calves! :eye roll:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Visiting family in Ireland told off by grandson " Grannies dont wear jeans" I think he expected me to sit in a rocking chair and knit!:woot:
CAROL