1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What is it with jeans?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scandichic, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Scandichic

Scandichic Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I thought that was part of the job spec. Long hair in bun (grey of course), skirts with elasticated waists, flat shoes in beige. When you're not doing knitting, you should be baking in the kitchen. Stop being a rebel!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Opalshards

Opalshards Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ok putting my 2 peneth in here I almost never go to the High street shops. I have shopped with Ambrose Wilson catalogue for years. You can order 2 sizes at once and try on in your own home. Send back what you don't want FREE of charge. Send for a catalogue, but I always shop online. Associated with a myriad of other catalogues you can flip from one to another and your basket should go with you ( it doesn't always) Crazy Clearance is part of the group great clothes at discount prices.

3. hale710

hale710 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I wear chinos for work :) I tend to always but from next, but they are VERY generous in their sizes. I always drop down a size in there

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

• Like Like x 3
  4. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Same You cant go wrong with black/navy chinos and a polo. Ive gone with M&S outlet though as a) cheap B) not very fitted. Need a bit of freedom in mine for when I'm breaking engines/ pumps down.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Hi willie....don't shop at jeans ha ha ......x ;)

• Like Like x 3
  6. WeeWillie

WeeWillie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

:playful:

Serves me right for posting a reply in a ladies thread. :joyful:

Lessons have been learned. LOL

willie. :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. WeeWillie

WeeWillie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Never heard of 'em, Kat. :D
    LOL

willie. :happy:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Most grannies just live on the internet now ;) x

9. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Have sent you a pair in the post "stop shop" label x

10. Beachbag

Beachbag Type 2 · Well-Known Member

:) This Grannie wears jeans too, from M&S, men's usually because they fit me better, lol. I don't know what's happened to standard sizes these days. A size 12, 14 etc used to be the same wherever you shopped, now it's a suck it and see thing....ummmm , you know what I mean! :meh:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

This grannie also wears jeans, all day every day, and always from M&S. Agree that M&S sizing has a mind of its own, hit and miss, but Per Una seem to get it better than other ranges. I buy on-line as we have no M&S locally, so do get annoyed when things don't fit.

• Like Like x 2
  12. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Me too, (not actually a granny yet but plenty old enough to be one!) I always buy M&S online. Not a lot of choice in my size but they nearly always fit. (Well, as well as anything can 'fit' at size 24!)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook