What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

We had our family Easter dinner today instead of yesterday. I had...

Green lentil and mushroom loaf
Cheesy coleslaw
Salad

Chocolate coated sugar-free marzipan blobs for pudding.

I was chuffed to buttons that my sister gave me a bar of 85% Green and Blacks and a bar of 90% Lindt for my first db Easter. So thoughtful :joyful:

Reactions: 2 people

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My family would complain if they had to eat a diabetic diet at all. I am made to feel like a complete inconvenience to my mother and siblings and would be unlikely to be invited back to stay if I complained or asked for specific things -- so I don't. The diabetic diet is not 'sociable'. I do what I can re diet at home. Since back onmeds though I must say has made me more vigilant re my eating generally. But I do not want to become an obsessive diabetic as I feel some folk on here are. Posting daily about one's diabetes is a tad OCDing on the personal responsibility front, IMHO. Though I do like apps such as Dario which post daily BG to Facebook, set meds reminders, and motivational targets, built-in carb counting and lots else. I am hoping posting to Facebook will engender support and positive encouragement from friends.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

My family would complain if they had to eat a diabetic diet at all. I am made to feel like a complete inconvenience to my mother and siblings and would be unlikely to be invited back to stay if I complained or asked for specific things -- so I don't. The diabetic diet is not 'sociable'. I do what I can re diet at home. Since back onmeds though I must say has made me more vigilant re my eating generally. But I do not want to become an obsessive diabetic as I feel some folk on here are. Posting daily about one's diabetes is a tad OCDing on the personal responsibility front, IMHO. Though I do like apps such as Dario which post daily BG to Facebook, set meds reminders, and motivational targets, built-in carb counting and lots else. I am hoping posting to Facebook will engender support and positive encouragement from friends.
It is thanks to the people who post advice on here every day that my health has improved considerably. I can't thank them enough.

Reactions: 12 people

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I have felt supported too. Just dont want to dwell on it all the time. More to life than trying to control my diabetes

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why don't you offer to cook for them? Diabetic diet isn't necessarily so much different from "normal" food, just needs a tweak so I am sure your mum would be delighted.

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Err
Why don't you offer to cook for them? Diabetic diet isn't necessarily so much different from "normal" food, just needs a tweak so I am sure your mum would be delighted.
Err, don't think they would appreciate it, nor would their kids like low- carb. Mum might appreciate it as has mild diabetes tooand eats like a sparrow. She lives bk home in Scotland so don't see her enough.

Thanks for support.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But surly even a Scottish child occasionally will eat something that isn't porridge or potatoes? Plan ahead and surprise them next time you go home! You don't before you have tried.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm a bit confused how Facebook is considered so much better than here. At least if one posts here some people might be interested, or offer constructive feedback. On Facebook, I think it more likely that others would be more likely to be turned off by it (due to lack of understanding), or it being TMI.

Are you connected with Dario at all?

Reactions: 3 people

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Facebook is great support to me generally but I try (not v hard) to not post too much health stuff as u are right it does put some off. TBH thats a reason to post often IMHO, to educate the masses.

Yes, Dario is a great app- found it a week ago.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Facebook is great support to me generally but I try (not v hard) to not post too much health stuff as u are right it does put some off. TBH thats a reason to post often IMHO, to educate the masses.

Yes, Dario is a great app- found it a week ago.

So, you post every day from Dario and are fine with that, although you try not to post too much about health matters, because it puts people off? I'm sure that's all very fine.

But.

This is a diabetes site, for diabetic people, so we're very much on-topic.

Do you have the Dario meter too, or just the App? If you don't have the meter, how does the app work for you?

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I posted about this on another thread. I had aubergine pizza tonight:

Slice an aubergine, put the slices between kitchen paper and leave to one side. Finely chop an onion and some garlic, fry, add a tin of tomatoes and a bit of oregano. While that's cooking put the aubergine in the oven for 25 mins on 180. Put a dollop of the tomato on the aubergine, a bit of mozzarella, cheddar and basil on top and put back in the oven until the cheese has melted.

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I posted about this on another thread. I had aubergine pizza tonight:

Slice an aubergine, put the slices between kitchen paper and leave to one side. Finely chop an onion and some garlic, fry, add a tin of tomatoes and a bit of oregano. While that's cooking put the aubergine in the oven for 25 mins on 180. Put a dollop of the tomato on the aubergine, a bit of mozzarella, cheddar and basil on top and put back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Was it nice?? On the edge of my seat here! :nailbiting:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Today I had

Breakfast - cheesy omelette
Lunch - Greek yogurt, veg pineapple jelly, strawberries, creamy decaf coffee.
Dinner - doggy bag from yesterday (lentil and mushroom loaf, coleslaw, salad)

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So, you post every day from Dario and are fine with that, although you try not to post too much about health matters, because it puts people off? I'm sure that's all very fine.

But.

This is a diabetes site, for diabetic people, so we're very much on-topic.

Do you have the Dario meter too, or just the App? If you don't have the meter, how does the app work for you?
No dont have Dario meter. But the app works because I can not only track glucose but it also counts my carbs for me! I can then post a Dario BG to Facebook where my friends can help keep me motivated by liking my achievements. It's a NO-BRAINER!! .

My eyesight is bad now and TBH I find forums like this hard to follow properly with my magnifier in one hand and phone in the other. I miss a lot of interaction here. Sorry folks.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Today I had

Breakfast - cheesy omelette
Lunch - Greek yogurt, veg pineapple jelly, strawberries, creamy decaf coffee.
Dinner - doggy bag from yesterday (lentil and mushroom loaf, coleslaw, salad)
What's the "lentil and mushroom loaf"? Have you got a recipe?

DFiona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
What's the "lentil and mushroom loaf"? Have you got a recipe?
Impressed with cheesy omelette first thing. I just have zero appetite when I sake up. Toast and houmous is all I can manage most days.

Status
Not open for further replies.