What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilliepop

Well I'm-obviously not eating enough food no wonder I'm always hungry. I must be more adventurous.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A few recnet highlights:

First was a no pastry flan made with tinned salmon and (pre cooked) fresh asparagus tips in an egg and cream sauce flavoured with dill. Only took a couple of minutes to do in the microwave. I found some dinky little individual porcelain flan/quiche dishes to make these in.

salmon&asparagus_flan.jpg

I also made a yummy apple and blackberry crumble with ground almond flour, but mistimed and slightly burnt the crumble topping - I'm still getting used to trying to cook with all these flour alternatives.:(:( I ended up with some ground almond shortbread as an alternative.

Tonight I made myself a low carb roast chicken dinner cooked (mainly) in our Remoska as husband will often get hissy fits if I'm "wasteful" and use the oven:
celeriac "roast potatoes", chicken breast, green beans with a squirt of tomato paste, and a parsley & mixed herb stuffing made with a mix of milled flaxseed, coconut flour, coconut oil and water. This last was an experiment and it turned out reasonably well. Pudding was a few raspberries with a cream cheese, thick cream, and vanilla essence base.

low_carb_roast_dinner.jpg

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
@Robbity
"I also made a yummy apple and blackberry crumble with ground almond flour, but mistimed and slightly burnt the crumble topping - I'm still getting used to trying to cook with all these flour alternatives.:(:(I ended up with some ground almond shortbread as an alternative."

I like the crumble idea! (minus the apple for me). I wonder if it would have worked better if you'd used coconut flour instead of almond flour?

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Breakfast: Spicy one minute muffin (1 min 30 sec in my microwave) plus a pot of tea, lol

Lunch: just a snack. A small slice of goat cheese and half a dozen walnut halves, plus a creamy decaf coffee

Dinner: Beef casserole, with mushrooms and shallots, cooked in red wine, served with green beans and broccoli. Followed by raspberries and blueberries in sugar free jelly and a healthy pouring of double cream.
Also several glasses of water and what was left of the red wine :rolleyes: :bag:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My experience with coconut flour so far is that if I make any plain flour/butter type mixes with it, it tends to taste and feel wrong: it seems as if it disintigrates into its floury particles again, then uses my saliva to bind it back up so I get a dry mouthful which then swells up and feels most unpleasant. Ground almonds seem to work much better for me. Anything with liquid in seems to work better with the coconut stuff, e.g my stuffing mix (which did actually start unpromisingly as a doughy ball but fluffed when I gave it a good stirring with a fork part way through cooking), and microwave muffins.

Robbity

PS Next time I decided I'd try a shorter cooking time or stick a bit of tinfoil over the crumble for part of the time.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast
Coffee with cream and xylitol

Elevenses
3 lemon cookies (coconut flour, almond flour, butter, xylitol, a lemon) yum

So satisfied by the cookies that I forgot about lunch!!!!!!!!!

Tea time
1/2 portion of Friday's homemade chicken curry

Evening meal
Diced turkey thigh with courgettes, red pesto and cauliflower cheese
Teeccino with cream

K

Kat100

Alpen with almond milk

Omelette and salad

Lentil and veg curry

Raspberries with creme fresh ....half fat

B

badcat

Brekkie - low carb raspberry muffin with a homemade latte
Lunch - homemade low carb soup containing miso, asparagus,mushrooms,Konjac noodles, ginger,garlic and some chilli infused tuna
Dinner - will probably be a low carb tortilla ( wonderful creations at 5g carbs and 15g fibre apiece for the large ones, bought via amazone) with goats cheese, avocado and salad
I may just have to demolish another of my muffins too

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Rich tea biscuits loaded with as much mild cheddar as they can bear. 6gch a pop. Waddya lookin at?!!? So sue me!!! ;-)

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Cup of tea

Cheese and onion pasty

Cup of tea

Apple turnover

Cup of tea.

I'm doing it wrong aren't I! :rolleyes: xx

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Cup of tea

Cheese and onion pasty

Cup of tea

Apple turnover

Cup of tea.

I'm doing it wrong aren't I! :rolleyes: xx
rofl what are you doing wrong? All I would say is you must be hungry unless the pasty and apple turnover were gi-normous

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
No Andrew, it's just been one of those days. So it was lunchtime before I went out, I'd been looking for a flat all morning so was totally distracted. So, a pasty seemed like a good thing at the time, it was cheese afterall!!! Then after I'd done what I needed to, I called in for a treat and the apple turnover was singing to me, so, he came home with me too. I forgot to eat again after my cup of tea, so by the time I had him it was 5-30, and I'm not hungry at all. It's not a normal day though, so I will be a good girl when my life sorts itself out. ;) xx

Lizzy5172

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - cheese omelette
Lunch - Ham Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, a bit of coleslaw and sprinkled with parmesan)
Dinner - Salmon with loads of veggies and sugar free jelly with cream
Lovely :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
No Andrew, it's just been one of those days. So it was lunchtime before I went out, I'd been looking for a flat all morning so was totally distracted. So, a pasty seemed like a good thing at the time, it was cheese afterall!!! Then after I'd done what I needed to, I called in for a treat and the apple turnover was singing to me, so, he came home with me too. I forgot to eat again after my cup of tea, so by the time I had him it was 5-30, and I'm not hungry at all. It's not a normal day though, so I will be a good girl when my life sorts itself out. ;) xx
Oh no! Did the flat fall through? :(

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Scandi

Yes I'm afraid it wasn't to be. HOWEVER..... in my miserableness wondering why things are going wrong, my Sister called saying her friend has a bungalow I can rent from her in Brighouse if I like until I get myself sorted. So I'm shooting down to West Yorkshire to see it in the morning. so, in the face of adversity, as they say.............

I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks for your interest Scandi. :) xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Scandi

Yes I'm afraid it wasn't to be. HOWEVER..... in my miserableness wondering why things are going wrong, my Sister called saying her friend has a bungalow I can rent from her in Brighouse if I like until I get myself sorted. So I'm shooting down to West Yorkshire to see it in the morning. so, in the face of adversity, as they say.............

I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks for your interest Scandi. :) xxx
Fingers crossed. Hope it's ok. Hopefully, this will give you some breathing space and you'll find an even nicer flat! Good luck and take care! Big hug!

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks again, yes it could be this way ends up better for me and the breathing space will be very welcome, I need to focus on my food now, as you'll realise if you read what I've eaten today!!! xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks again, yes it could be this way ends up better for me and the breathing space will be very welcome, I need to focus on my food now, as you'll realise if you read what I've eaten today!!! xxx
Wasn't it salad, grilled chicken, low fat yoghurt, fish and green veg :wink:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
150g pot of natural full fat yogurt with 2 big strawberries cut up

Poached egg on toast - 1 slice granary toast and butter
1 small red plum

Afternoon had my 3 month HbA1c blood test. Results on Thursday.

Celebrated with a take-a-way chip shop haddock and peas, 1 slice granary and butter
200ml glass red wine.

Lots of cups of tea and lots of tap water.

Might sound carb laden, but honestly, the whole day was about 100g. Glycemic load for the day very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.