Food??!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello

Right this is probably a stupid question but if I cut out all the junk food like chocolate, crisps, cakes etc and fizzy drinks would I lose weight?! I know I would need to exercise too but at the moment with my sciatica that is proving to be impossible?! I am just fed up with the way I am! :(

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Hi NicolaAnne. I too suffer from sciatica ( I hope that's why my left foot feels numb sometimes) so cant exercise much. I lost a lot of weight by just changing my diet. I think no snacks is important.

Reactions: 4 people

lacey1

if u completely cut out junk food as we all know this is only a good thing as there not healthy for us as for weight loss that can depend on many factors such as the food u do eat what calories u r consuming activity levels and your metabolic rate weight loss is not easy and i believe takes the right combination for each person to lose weight in a safe and healthy way its taken me 15 yrs to find the combination of meals and exercise that works for me and cause u can't workout that will only make the process even tuffer for u good luck hope u find what works for u x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I eat most things. I don't eat potatoes, rice, bread or pasta and I don't eat till I feel like I'm going to burst any more. I went too far to start with and ate low carb low fat. I had to introduce a bit more fat into my diet. One of my favourites is using pearl barley as a rice substitute, but that has carbs too so don't overdo it. And my wife wants your dog Lacey1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

lacey1

I eat most things. I don't eat potatoes, rice, bread or pasta and I don't eat till I feel like I'm going to burst any more. I went too far to start with and ate low carb low fat. I had to introduce a bit more fat into my diet. One of my favourites is using pearl barley as a rice substitute, but that has carbs too so don't overdo it. And my wife wants your dog Lacey1.
tell ur wife on a naughty day she can have him lol x but he's mostly my little fluffy baby and knows it :p

lacey1

The thing is i dont have great motivation :( x
i agree my hubby seen my previous post and was quick to tell me it hasn't taken me 15 yrs to find what works its taken me 15 yrs to find the motivation to put myself and my health and happiness first
unless u r ready for it mentally it will feel like a never ending battle trust me i done it all and falied it all over n over until my head was ready my body would not cooperate lol x

D

Deleted member 83869

i agree my hubby seen my previous post and was quick to tell me it hasn't taken me 15 yrs to find what works its taken me 15 yrs to find the motivation to put myself and my health and happiness first
unless u r ready for it mentally it will feel like a never ending battle trust me i done it all and falied it all over n over until my head was ready my body would not cooperate lol x

I think i also need to be happy and destress and then i wont go to the junk! Xx

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds good, decide on another outlet to relax, gentle exercise best if you can, our something.like a puzzle/hobby to keep mind and hands busy

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hello

Right this is probably a stupid question but if I cut out all the junk food like chocolate, crisps, cakes etc and fizzy drinks would I lose weight?! I know I would need to exercise too but at the moment with my sciatica that is proving to be impossible?! I am just fed up with the way I am! :(

If anything you should feel better as you don't need to eat that foodstuff, as your not active at the moment due to sciatica you will need to reduce calories more than someone that is active. Good luck and hope the weight starts to shift soon.

D

Deleted member 83869

If anything you should feel better as you don't need to eat that foodstuff, as your not active at the moment due to sciatica you will need to reduce calories more than someone that is active. Good luck and hope the weight starts to shift soon.
That is true i guess! I just need to learn not to turn to food when i am stressed/depressed. Thank you and me too!x

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes. Set yourself a daily carb limit of, say, 200gm or less and you should see the weight go down. Not easy to start with. Read all the packaging labels and you will be horrified at the amount of carbs stuffed into everything. The good news is that protein and fat are OK as well as veg and some fruit.