Acanthosis Nigricans

Ayman_Matrook

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Acanthosis Nigricans??!

brown to black, thick skin mostly in folds area like neck, axilla, groin etc..

Its a syndrome according to cause..

Due to many causes... but will concentrate over "Obesity" and "Endocrinopathies" such as insulin-resistant diabetes

If you saw it
Its away from "hygienic issue"

must to consult Doctor as its signs and symptoms... You can help by instructing
:)

BuBashar

Ayman_Matrook

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Like this pic
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1399238243.358376.jpg

BuBashar

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe it's a skin condition related to insulin resistance. Other than that, sorry, I don't really know any more than that.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello my friend,

If you have this problem..? I say see a doctor.

If you are informing us of this skin problem? Thank you for your post.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Thanks for posting about this skin condition and for the link to youtube. I don't have this condition but I do have a different persistent skin condition that I have been thinking may be caused by a malignancy. I think I'll visit the doctor. my problem is that when I had it 13 years ago the doctors said it was nothing. Then it cleared up immediately after treatment for cancer! It's reappeared last month and I have been suspecting cancer again. Thanks again for your posting. You have prompted me to act!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a load of K%$p

Did you ever consider that maybe the OP is not speaking in his mother tongue? I wish I could express myself so well in a second language.

Thank you Ayman_Matrook for your post.

Reactions: 9 people

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Did you ever consider that maybe the OP is not speaking in his mother tongue? I wish I could express myself so well in a second language.

Thank you Ayman_Matrook for your post.

You express the point very well. Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have this. It's a symptom associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) as well as insulin-resistance (both of which I have, plus T1 diabetes). There's loads of information about it if you google it. Sadly there's not much you can do about it directly.... well, last time I researched it a few years ago there wasn't any treatment. It's more about managing the diabetes control and hopefully reducing the symptoms that way.

Not sure if OP was asking for help / advice from others or trying to offer help / info, either way, thanks for the post! :happy:

Reactions: 4 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have this. It's a symptom associated with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) as well as insulin-resistance (both of which I have, plus T1 diabetes). There's loads of information about it if you google it. Sadly there's not much you can do about it directly.... well, last time I researched it a few years ago there wasn't any treatment. It's more about managing the diabetes control and hopefully reducing the symptoms that way.

Not sure if OP was asking for help / advice from others or trying to offer help / info, either way, thanks for the post! :happy:

The OP was kindly passing on information... :cool:

Though I don't have this condition, I had to Google it too as well as translate a little Arabic! :p

Reactions: 3 people