Anyone Else having trouble with the new Accu- Chek Mobile?

didszzz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
28-03-2014

Since I moved over to the new mobile tester I have been getting very strange differences in readings. I’m not talking a little out I’m talking about 10mol out! I know this as I tested on another 3 testers I have.

Also I keep getting E4 errors and E3 errors on these testers!

I've contacted Accu Chek which they finally got back to me after a month, after me having to go to a phone box and ring them and ask to speak to a manager.

After I spoke to them I was given another 3 Mobile testers after the other two I had was giving inaccurate readings and E3 And E4 errors.

3 days later after receiving on the new testers I’am getting E3 and E4 errors again.

I do not trust these testers at all now! I’m waiting for Accu Chek to get back to me again on this. Hope it’s not a month this time.

Is anyone else getting errors on these testers? My fingers are getting sore with having to keep re testing due to all these errors! Also saying little blood on the machine too, when in fact there is plenty of blood on my finger.

Id change over to a different tester but I need something that can handle the outdoors a lot and having strips to carry is not the way forward for me!

Please comment and let me know as I would like to see how many of these testers are giving errors so I can get back to Accu Check for them to remove them from the shops and internet!

I’ve been a diabetic a long while and these testers are the worse I’ve ever had.

Another thing I’ve noticed too today is the readings are not aligning to my A4 dairy’s reading, by date and time.

Thanks

Reactions: 2 people

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya!

I've used the Mobile for a few years and have been using the newer version for about 6 weeks.

I have experienced rather too many of the 'insufficient blood' message from the new meter when there was clearly enough blood. I've also had one of the 'E' messages you were talking about, but i can't remember which number it was. I woke in the night feeling a bit odd and tested at 4.4mmol but the meter gave an error after displaying the result and informed me to retest. I tested again with the same blood and got a 5.9 so I tested again with the same blood and got 5.4. I decided the 5.x reading was probably about right as it was in that range twice.

I have to say, I was a bit concerned as I base my doses on this meter. In the morning, I checked the meter with control solution and it was within range so I thought I'd just keep an eye on the situation. I know they're allowed up to 15% tolerance which is quite a lot really.

I'm surprised you're struggling to get a response from Roche as I've always found them very good. When I had a fault on my last meter, I rang them and they immediately sent me two replacement meters so that I had a spare in case it happened again. I've only ever rung them though. Many companies do respond quicker to a phone call than email.

Please let us know how you get on.

Smidge

Ruth3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I would get into trouble if I told you, but I am a red. I support dogs donkeys birds Palestine and Rspca.
28-03-2014

Since I moved over to the new mobile tester I have been getting very strange differences in readings. I’m not talking a little out I’m talking about 10mol out! I know this as I tested on another 3 testers I have.

I've contacted Accu Chek which they finally got back to me after a month, after me having to go to a phone box and ring them and ask to speak to a manager.

After I spoke to them I was given another 3 Mobile testers after the other two I had was giving inaccurate readings and E3 And E4 errors.

3 days later after receiving on the new testers I’am getting E3 and E4 errors again.

I do not trust these testers at all now! I’m waiting for Accu Chek to get back to me again on this. Hope it’s not a month this time.

Is anyone else getting errors on these testers? My fingers are getting sore with having to keep re testing due to all these errors! Also saying little blood on the machine too, when in fact there is plenty of blood on my finger.

Id change over to a different tester but I need something that can handle the outdoors a lot and having strips to carry is not the way forward for me!

Please comment and let me know as I would like to see how many of these testers are giving errors so I can get back to Accu Check for them to remove them from the shops and internet!

I’ve been a diabetic a long while and these testers are the worse I’ve ever had.

Another thing I’ve noticed too today is the readings are not aligning to my A4 dairy’s reading, by date and time.

Thanks
I do get E3 errors. sometimes my BG is high 22 but I think this is just my diabetes because I'm very brittle

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have also found Accu chec customer services very good I rang about a fastclix that had broken I had been using it for about 5 years but they sent me one F/O/C straight away
CAROL

didszzz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Accu-chek have been good to me over the years! its not about Accu-chek service its about their testers not working correctly!

Thanks Smidge I will let you know when they get in touch. Im not wanting to put Accu chek down in any way, but I do feel these new testers are letting diabetics down badly! Ive been a diabetic for 44 years and I know though experience they are not right. Sorry for being honest but I have 5 of their new testers here at home and I cant trust one of them 100%
I have never discussed anything to do with diabetise until now! That says a lot!

didszzz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Accu Chek have contacted me and they said they are going to investigate it. and will inform me on their results. I hope they can do a fix for it soon as my fingers are sore! They are replacing it,but the lady said she doesn't want to have to send 3 testers out each week to me to resolve this issue. :)

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find that the part where you have to put the blood is very sensitive and will react to the finger just touching the edge of the strip and throw up an error. Also when the battery is running low the tape does not wind on properly and throws up an error that cassette is faulty when it isn't. The old compact was much more reliable but rather noisy.

To overcome the not enough blood issue I produce a largish drop and hover the bloody finger carefully over the target area.

I now only use the Mobile when I am out walking or driving.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I received a Mobile meter & an Aviva model FOC after ringing the company when my old meter went on the "fritz"..
The deal was I could choose which model I like & they would send a second spare with a case..
The call centre was based in Germany & the first guy that took the call was a Californian who happened to be diabetic himself.
We discussed the use of the mobile (which he used himself with his active lifestyle.) to which I was advised to just touch the drop of blood to the upright Mobile meter.. I also asked about stuff like errors caused by mobile phones being too close.. Yep I've been a T1 for a ruddy long time too..
On the subject of mobile phone interference I was assured that modern meters are "shielded" from such as phones & wifi..

Anyway after seeing this thread, I dug out the Aviva (the second Mobile is still boxed.) & ran a check off the two as best I can on the same blood drop, starting with the Mobile model.... This is 1.30am I've treated my self to a couple of short glasses of wine & in the last 10 minutes I've fired in my basal... So I'm just about happy for me to bed down on this.
So, following the the protocol the best I can on the same drop of blood.

The Aviva read 9.4
The Mobile read 9.5

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone this is the first forum I have wrote on. I experienced the same problem and have concluded on how to fix it
The reason why the errors come up is because when u prick yur finger and u put the blood on the strip bit if u don't hold it down long enough and instead take yur finger off it will not work so

To prevent the error make sure u hold yur finger down for at least 10-20 seconds and then take it off hope this helps
28-03-2014

Hi everyone this is the first forum I have wrote on. I experienced the same problem and have concluded on how to fix it
The reason why the errors come up is because when u prick yur finger and u put the blood on the strip bit if u don't hold it down long enough and instead take yur finger off it will not work so

To prevent the error make sure u hold yur finger down for at least 10-20 seconds and then take it off hope this helps

I rarely get the error please do another test message

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Blood testing with these beauties..?
Don't be stingy with the blood.. I like to have enough blood to rival a Tarantino movie..
The meter is best used in the upright position. Take the glob of blood on the finger to the strip & alow the surface tention on the glob to break on the ribbon thus allowing capillary action to draw in the blood.. Then wait for the beep..!

You say potato.. I say carb..!

Welcome to the forum Lsdj.. Great name by the way..! Yep, you guest it you just entered into a debate regarding the same result..
I'm just joking with you.. ;) I spend a lot of time on car forums & the rows I've seen regarding two guys technically agreeing on the flow &'return on coolant systems defies belief.. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahah what car forums and I know wht u mean I went on a old datsun forum and some guy was arguing with another guy over which front spoiler to put on ahah things are so heated now days aahha
Blood testing with these beauties..?
Don't be stingy with the blood.. I like to have enough blood to rival a Tarantino movie..
The meter is best used in the upright position. Take the glob of blood on the finger to the strip & alow the surface tention on the glob to break on the ribbon thus allowing capillary action to draw in the blood.. Then wait for the beep..!

You say potato.. I say carb..!

Welcome to the forum Lsdj.. Great name by the way..! Yep, you guest it you just entered into a debate regarding the same result..
I'm just joking with you.. ;) I spend a lot of time on car forums & the rows I've seen regarding two guys technically agreeing on the flow &'return on coolant systems defies belief.. :p

Rach77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've found that there may be a pressure sensor in the machine, as I've got away with using a tiny drop of blood, but making sure I hold my finger against the sensor for a few seconds. If I just touch the blood to the machine and immediately remove my finger then I get an error.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahah what car forums and I know wht u mean I went on a old datsun forum and some guy was arguing with another guy over which front spoiler to put on ahah things are so heated now days aahha

Funny enough, it's a Jap import forum for me too.. The SGL5 engine or it's variant is mid chassis mounted, & the cooling system is extensive with two heater matrixes. The bleeding of this system can be a little daunting if the header tank is allowed to empty due to a leak somewhere..
Two or maybe three guys singing the same tune but with different lyrics on this procedure can rattle on.... Lol ;)

Talking of which.. I should be outside looking at my wife's Micra.. :arghh:

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ahhaha love a good old datsun nissan skyline like but also classic Americans do it for me buick gran national 1965 Chrysler imperial
Ahah but can't leave out the British nice old jags hmmmmm good stuff
Hoping to cop a mgb gt for first car ahah
Funny enough, it's a Jap import forum for me too.. The SGL5 engine or it's variant is mid chassis mounted, & the cooling system is extensive with two heater matrixes. The bleeding of this system can be a little daunting if the header tank is allowed to empty due to a leak somewhere..
Two or maybe three guys singing the same tune but with different lyrics on this procedure can rattle on.... Lol ;)

Talking of which.. I should be outside looking at my wife's Micra.. :arghh:

Eijack

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Modern films and music,
I got the E-error message on my newly bought Aviva Accu-Chek, After reading the instructions again I realised I was putting the blood sample on the face of the test strip instead of the front edge!

Lsdj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeh u just need to hold yur finger on there for log enough to process it and have enough blood
I got the E-error message on my newly bought Aviva Accu-Chek, After reading the instructions again I realised I was putting the blood sample on the face of the test strip instead of the front edge!
t

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think the slightly different way of putting the blood on the strip with the Mobile takes some getting used to. I believe it's accurate though - I posted a review of meter accuracy on the sticky topic in Blood Glucose Monitoring just now and the Mobile comes out in the top 6 or so meters. If you are getting a lot of bad readings it might be a duff batch of cartridges.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the slightly different way of putting the blood on the strip with the Mobile takes some getting used to. I believe it's accurate though - I posted a review of meter accuracy on the sticky topic in Blood Glucose Monitoring just now and the Mobile comes out in the top 6 or so meters. If you are getting a lot of bad readings it might be a duff batch of cartridges.

I wouldn't dissagree... My previous meter, the strips had a concave profile design on the side which you literally scaped the blood on to draw it in to get a result..

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They should just put a big barbed skewer on the side of them that we could jab into our arteries. :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They should just put a big barbed skewer on the side of them that we could jab into our arteries. :)

Lol. Before the recent pricker that came with the mobile, I just manually impaled myself with the basic lancet refill...
Just twist the cap off & away ya go...