mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Probably before eating and 2 hrs after eating. This tells you what foods you tolerate and what foods to avoid/reduce.

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also test as soon as I wake up in the morning. That gives you a 'fasting level' which is useful in seeing how well your medication/lifestyle changes etc. are working, generally.

cal27naidoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys... And what are your readings normally? My levels are really high... Doctor has put me on new meds today... Just wondering what my levels are meant to be

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I test prior to each meal and 2 hours after. Also sometimes a short while after exercise to see how it alters my sugars; when I get that edgy feeling to see if having a hypo.
I analyse all this data on the computer and in the last year my pre-meal (fasting) levels are 5.4mmol/L and post meal ~7.2mmol/L. I am only on 4iu morning and 6iu evening and consultant happy thus far.
(I was told that they like to aim for 4-7 pre meal and 4-11 post meal)

cal27naidoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow that's impressive. Now at the moment my pre-meal levels are ~17mmol/L and post meal 23mmol/L. The doctor has changed my medication from yesterday. I now take Apidra(fast acting insulin) 20 units 3 times a day after meals. And Humulin N(long acting insulin) 40 units at night. Hopefully now I would get single digits.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
It will depend greatly on what you are eating, are you low carbing ?
I also found it took me a while to get my body in balance with regular insulin regime / food intake etc, but like previous comments, pre meal and post and after exercise, good luck!!

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow that's impressive. Now at the moment my pre-meal levels are ~17mmol/L and post meal 23mmol/L. The doctor has changed my medication from yesterday. I now take Apidra(fast acting insulin) 20 units 3 times a day after meals. And Humulin N(long acting insulin) 40 units at night. Hopefully now I would get single digits.

My levels were much like that two weeks ago, but they have more than halved since starting to eat a low carb diet. I am still in a steep learning curve about it though, but I'm hoping to avoid going on insulin.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I test certain meals before I start, 1hr after, 2hrs after and if no sign of it coming back down, again at 2.5hrs. I also test mornings when I get up and just before I go to bed, although not every day.

I'm type 2, no meds.

cal27naidoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My levels were much like that two weeks ago, but they have more than halved since starting to eat a low carb diet. I am still in a steep learning curve about it though, but I'm hoping to avoid going on insulin.
Can you send me this diet to try? What are your readings now?

Callen Naidoo

cal27naidoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I test certain meals before I start, 1hr after, 2hrs after and if no sign of it coming back down, again at 2.5hrs. I also test mornings when I get up and just before I go to bed, although not every day.

I'm type 2, no meds.
Thanks:) glad you don't have to poke yourself. What are your readings like?

Callen Naidoo