Type 1, exercise and no breakfast

lely

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread, I have been attending a gym for just under 12 months. Up to 3k treadmill and a small amount of weights to try keep toned. and just started the process to move to a pump from multiple injections. Looking forward to greater control, ( last hbA1c 10.8). I never train at the same time due to family/work commitments and find it hard to establish a pattern to my BG levels.
Some of the comments have been insightful. I find I am better in the morning as my bg is lower, I do eat ( porridge ) and have a ratio of 2.0 but always find I have to drink Luco to get me though the whole workout. Might try reducing on days I'm going the gym. Evening workouts I tend to be a bit sluggish but need no Luco even though I will have eaten and had insulin. I do wait around 1.5 hrs after eating before I go the gym so the insulin isn't active anymore.

Should have been reading these threads long ago.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I cycle to work everyday working day, 15 km's one way, without breakfast, I need 1 unit of humalog to keep things steady. I've recently been on vacation in the UK and was out running up hills every morning 10 - 12 km's in around 1 hour, again without breakfast. Didn't bother with insulin for the hill running though. I find exercise in the morning tends to have little effect on my blood sugar , occasionally raising it , however in the evening it can drop it dramatically.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I cycle to work everyday working day, 15 km's one way, without breakfast, I need 1 unit of humalog to keep things steady. I've recently been on vacation in the UK and was out running up hills every morning 10 - 12 km's in around 1 hour, again without breakfast. Didn't bother with insulin for the hill running though. I find exercise in the morning tends to have little effect on my blood sugar , occasionally raising it , however in the evening it can drop it dramatically.

Crikey it just shows how different we are, I couldn't go without breakfast exercise or no exercise, to me it's the best meal of the day.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Crikey it just shows how different we are, I couldn't go without breakfast exercise or no exercise, to me it's the best meal of the day.

I still eat breakfast after exercise. It seems to tastes so much better :)