So, how much jelly?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners/flavours, but jelly, with cream is on my good list.

@zand has commented previously about having low cal soda addiction. I don't. If anyone starts experiencing jelly addiction, then they should stop immediately. (@Andy12345 thinking of you here!). But for the rest of us, I think it'll take a while, and is an acceptable risk. How much sweetener does a mix of jelly have? About the same as one can of coke? Maybe a tad more? Just watch for the withdrawal, and keep going. ;)

When I think what I've cut out of my diet... Jelly is ok. Definitely.

Anyway, the whole point of jelly is to justify half a bucket of cream! Let's keep a sense of proportion!

Oh, and as for beer... goodness. There is no comparison at all. It's liquid bread. Or poison. :hungover: Madness I say! Madness!!!
Yes, sorry I wasn't trying to encourage anyone else that drinking beer was OK! It isn't. For me it was just a holiday 'blip' which won't be happening again. You are right about me having a problem with artificial sweeteners and I suppose I just have the half bucket of cream anyway without the jelly!

Reactions: 2 people

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1402741331.590634.jpg
this is my fridge :) a selection of hartleys no added sugar and 10 cal

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 5435 this is my fridge :) a selection of hartleys no added sugar and 10 cal

Am awestruck and amazed at the pristine condition of your fridge! :wideyed::wideyed::D

If I posted a photo of mine you would be asking if they had caught the vandals yet ?:eek:

What is 10cal, and would I like it ? (looks hopeful):)

Signy

Reactions: 6 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
but.... but..... there is air in your fridge? i mean.... space where air can be? how do you do that? our fridge is precision stuffed at all times, you have to be ready to catch things when you open the door and if you want to get something out you have to remove 12 items first then carefully put them back in the same order to get them back in, we haven't seen the back of our fridge in years, humpf! i want a fridge with air :( <jealous>

Reactions: 11 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 5435 this is my fridge :) a selection of hartleys no added sugar and 10 cal

I like your Hartley's collection 10x!!!

We have a new Collection of Gu pots appeared in the fridge.:)
Tiny, aren't they? :(
Please note Mr B's Rustlers burger and mash on bottom shelf, polluting my otherwise low carb fridge.:sour:
Please also note that the jelly has appeared on the raw meat shelf. Again. :mad:
Sometimes, I despair. :meh:
However, that is not to say I don't appreciate the culinary toil he goes to producing these wee marvels of gelatinous delight!:wacky:
image.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am awestruck and amazed at the pristine condition of your fridge! :wideyed::wideyed::D

If I posted a photo of mine you would be asking if they had caught the vandals yet ?:eek:

What is 10cal, and would I like it ? (looks hopeful):)

Signy

@daniT1D is human - therefore she cleaned her fridge before photographing it. ;)
I am very impressed though.

I am less than human - so I left mine in its naturally squalid, over-stuffed state. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Dani is human - therefore she cleaned her fridge before photographing it. ;)
I am very impressed though.

I am less than human - so I left mine in its naturally squalid, over-stuffed state. :rolleyes:

i still see air!!! ok when i get home ill take a picture of ours, maybe a little photoshop first to blur out the mould

Reactions: 6 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hmmmm id have to leave the wife and kids to get air in my fridge?..... ill miss em

Reactions: 5 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like your Hartley's collection 10x!!!

We have a new Collection of Gu pots appeared in the fridge.:)
Tiny, aren't they? :(
Please note Mr B's Rustlers burger and mash on bottom shelf, polluting my otherwise low carb fridge.:sour:
Please also note that the jelly has appeared on the raw meat shelf. Again. :mad:
Sometimes, I despair. :meh:
However, that is not to say I don't appreciate the culinary toil he goes to producing these wee marvels of gelatinous delight!:wacky:
View attachment 5436

Where do you put the beer?

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Where do you put the beer?

There has actually been a bit of muttering lately about finding room for 'a couple of bottles'.
Something about football.
Which is weird, since he doesn't play any sport.

If I ignore the comments for long enough, they eventually stop. ;)

Reactions: 8 people

mortiferum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
MMMmmmmm, count yourselves lucky! I'm a British expat living in a Muslim country - Hartleys sugar free jelly is contraband here :-( ... pork gelatine.

However, when I get the opportunity - one sachet makes me three portions to accompany lashings of fresh cream, yoghurt or even sour cream - anyone else tried sour cream and jelly?

Cant wait for my summer holidays now...i'llbe dreaming of jelly and cream until then...I got to go and find that sugar free custard someone mention above aswell now.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
MMMmmmmm, count yourselves lucky! I'm a British expat living in a Muslim country - Hartleys sugar free jelly is contraband here :-( ... pork gelatine.

However, when I get the opportunity - one sachet makes me three portions to accompany lashings of fresh cream, yoghurt or even sour cream - anyone else tried sour cream and jelly?

Cant wait for my summer holidays now...i'llbe dreaming of jelly and cream until then...I got to go and find that sugar free custard someone mention above aswell now.

im sorry :( thats gotta suck

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

:wideyed:

How... obvious, when I think about it...
Hmm... Let me do a bit of googling...

Weight watchers use carrageenan instead of gelatine. Carrageenan is a seaweed, so you're ok with that.
Is there anyone who could send you some?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only