Famous type 1 diabetics!

Scardoc

I've spent my whole diabetic life (pretty much my whole life) seeing him as a type 1 role model!!
I feel like I've been lied to!

Hahaha!!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want a role model Google the Badwater Ultra Marathon. Once your suitably impressed that crazy people even attempt it, consider this:

"In 2007, then-19 year old Ben Eakin - son of Laura Weber and coached and crewed by Scott Weber - completed his first solo crossing, having only finished 2 marathons and 1 50K prior to doing so. Eakin completed the 146 mile solo from Badwater to the summit of Mount Whitney, to become the youngest person to complete the lowest to highest course, as well as the first type-1 diabetic."

Reactions: 2 people

Scardoc

Can there be any better named T1 diabetic than Catfish Hunter??? Brilliant. His parents must really have resented that conception!

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Paul O'Neill who was formerly a British Touring Car driver and now does some ITV4s coverage of BTCC is Type1.
Got the chance to speak to him at one of last years BTCC rounds and he gave me some good advice about diabetes.
As a fan of all motor racing, especially BTCC, before diagnosis it was nice to know others you have watched etc were also going through the same as you.

Googum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Peter O Toole was t1 after having part of stomach and had his pancreas removed another actor is Morgan Freeman who is T1 as well

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Teresa May T1 or T2.. Depends which media source you are reading doesn't it?

Googum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good to hear straight from the horses mouth!! Thankyou..

Googum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good to hear straight from the horses mouth!! Thankyou..
My pleasure Donnelly and she also uses the NHS with her treatment and not private treatment as some people have also been saying and yes she interesting person

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My pleasure Donnelly and she also uses the NHS with her treatment and not private treatment as some people have also been saying and yes she interesting person
Interesting.. Thanks for the info.. I rarely read about people as I never can believe the media to be honest.

rgibson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Amelia Lily off the X factor is type 1...don't know how famous she is now though lol x

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want a role model Google the Badwater Ultra Marathon. Once your suitably impressed that crazy people even attempt it, consider this:

"In 2007, then-19 year old Ben Eakin - son of Laura Weber and coached and crewed by Scott Weber - completed his first solo crossing, having only finished 2 marathons and 1 50K prior to doing so. Eakin completed the 146 mile solo from Badwater to the summit of Mount Whitney, to become the youngest person to complete the lowest to highest course, as well as the first type-1 diabetic."

Anyone who runs badwater is completely bonkers in my opinion, whether T1, T2 or anything else.

Leadville 100 though, or a Bob Graham Round? Maybe