ok, I am sure this has been answered before but......

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Racism,ignorance,nastiness,selfishness
after being called fat by a family member last week I thought I would start a really strict eating habit this week.

My problem is I feel rough! And I keep having hypos. My bloods are between 2.1 - 4.5 since Monday.

Can someone, anyone, take a look at my food plan so far this week and give me any guidance please!

Monday
Breakfast - Small tin of plum toms, with a poached egg

Lunch - tin of WW tuna and sweetcorn (this was soooo scrummy!)
2 ryvitas
cucumber and carrot sticks

Dinner - large green salad with a chicken breast

Tuesday
2x boiled eggs
1 slice of bacon well done

Lunch
Salad with 5 slices of water thin ham

Dinner
hamburger (no bun)
Salad with peppers cucumber green leaves etc

Today
Breakfast
2 ryvitas topped with 2 slices of well done bacon and fresh toms

Lunch
WW Tuna and sweetcorn
green salad

i feel that tired I have had to put my little girl in after school club today because I felt too drained to go and fetch her and was scared of going hypo.

where am I going wrong?

I go on hols in 7 weeks, and after this morons comment about the remaining fat I have post pregnancy I seem to have gone obsessed with losing weight and FAST.

does anyone have any suggestions?

And do any diet pills work?

thanks in advance.

a frustrated and drained me :( xxxx

i forgot to add I take 20units of insulatard overnight and with diet plan this week 1 unit of novarapid per meal xxxx

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
OK, don't take diet pills for a start. Your diet looks fine, although can you stick with it long term ? The best way to lose weight, and keep it off, is gradually. 2lb a week is a good target. You need to get the idea of "diet" out of your head as this suggests short term when you should be looking lifestyle change, long term. As for hypo's, my guess would be to reduce background insulin. Check with your doc though. Remember, diabetes doesn't cause hypo's, in fact, the total opposite. Regular hypo's are generally too much insulin for amount of carbs eaten. Good luck :)

Reactions: 7 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Some good advice from Mo. I would go along with what he said about reducing your basal insulin, the tiredness might just be down to the change in diet or your not getting enough calories, either way don't get down about what your FIL said to you and try and put it behind you, sometimes people open their mouths without putting their brain in gear and I think this was the case with your FIL.

Reactions: 2 people

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
thank you both. I was thinking of reducing background tonite.

i think long term i would introduce a wider range of food. I love cooking so ordered myself some new cook books aimed at healthier eating etc.and i suppose in summer its easier to eat salads,so will find alternatives once autumn/winter kicks in and salads dont seem as moorish!

i did lose 2 1/2 stone on a diet a few months ago, but then I seemed to stall, which was frustrating, so I probably put about 1/2 stone back on.

just want to see results fast, i am too impatient sometimes!

thanks again for replies xx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Shelly,

The above advice is good.. I don't really have much more to add but my "virtual" support.

I'm aware of your other thread & have the take that this FIL has an "alpha male complex". They say stuff in one respect that can have a cause & effect symptom.. They are not always right. Just like to roar in the jungle.
In this case your dieting.
Take a measured aproach to your goal don't cut corners trying to "fast track" weight loss.
Your health & general well being is paramount. Especially with regards to your family..!
Fast weight loss has it's own health issues.
I should know, I've seen enough of it spending 3 years in a Surrey dance college. Girls were told to lose weight when they clearly didn't need to, including my own sister..

Possibly your FILs phone number advertised on a slimming club advertisment would at least pay him back on the comment..?!! ;)

All the best.!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you cut carb you have to add fat and fat doesn't make you fat
It sounds like the carb flu, drink more water bit more salt and a lot more healthy fat like olive oil, butter etc
Be nice to yourself and make a cocoa powder and vanilla Essense with water and cream, next to no carb
Look up lchf here

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelsie

With the meals where you have little/no carbohydrate which is most of the meals you've shown us, you don't need to inject the quick acting insulin hence your hypos it seems. It sounds like your eating less than 20g carbs per meal in which case you don't need to inject for, also exercise lowers your BG levels too so with exercise and low carbs combined you might need to reduce your Mel insulin. Do you count carbs? :) Also diet pills-definite no no! I work in the fitness industry and i see so many people take quick acting diets such as pills and shakes and all they do is yes loose the weight quickly but as soon as you return to normal eating (even if it is healthier) then you put on double the amount you lost! As essentially the diet pills/shakes starve you so your metabolism then stores whatever food you then eat as fat-it's a viscous cycle! It can also cause serious side effects such as aggressive mood swings. Best thing is to eat a healthy diet as you've shown and participate in a varied exercise program of weights and cardio :) good luck! Xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Mh321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is a really good book you should read about Healty eating ,weight loss and diet pills (DO NOT TAKE DIET PILLS btw)
Jason vale slim life
I would recommend it to anyone it's AMAZING

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Shelly,

The above advice is good.. I don't really have much more to add but my "virtual" support.

I'm aware of your other thread & have the take that this FIL has an "alpha male complex". They say stuff in one respect that can have a cause & effect symptom.. They are not always right. Just like to roar in the jungle.
In this case your dieting.
Take a measured aproach to your goal don't cut corners trying to "fast track" weight loss.
Your health & general well being is paramount. Especially with regards to your family..!
Fast weight loss has it's own health issues.
I should know, I've seen enough of it spending 3 years in a Surrey dance college. Girls were told to lose weight when they clearly didn't need to, including my own sister..

Possibly your FILs phone number advertised on a slimming club advertisment would at least pay him back on the comment..?!! ;)

All the best.!

haha now wouldnt that be fun!xx

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
With the meals where you have little/no carbohydrate which is most of the meals you've shown us, you don't need to inject the quick acting insulin hence your hypos it seems. It sounds like your eating less than 20g carbs per meal in which case you don't need to inject for, also exercise lowers your BG levels too so with exercise and low carbs combined you might need to reduce your Mel insulin. Do you count carbs? :) Also diet pills-definite no no! I work in the fitness industry and i see so many people take quick acting diets such as pills and shakes and all they do is yes loose the weight quickly but as soon as you return to normal eating (even if it is healthier) then you put on double the amount you lost! As essentially the diet pills/shakes starve you so your metabolism then stores whatever food you then eat as fat-it's a viscous cycle! It can also cause serious side effects such as aggressive mood swings. Best thing is to eat a healthy diet as you've shown and participate in a varied exercise program of weights and cardio :) good luck! Xxx

you actually answered a question I was going to ask about exercise. At the moment i do the hip hop workout on youtube 6 days a week, as i really enjoy it and find i sweat buckets if i do the whole routine but wondered what else i could do. Thanks for your advice xx

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you cut carb you have to add fat and fat doesn't make you fat
It sounds like the carb flu, drink more water bit more salt and a lot more healthy fat like olive oil, butter etc
Be nice to yourself and make a cocoa powder and vanilla Essense with water and cream, next to no carb
Look up lchf here

i will definitely try that thank you

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
haha now wouldnt that be fun!xx

Make the punishment fit the crime I say... ;)

You asked about dance exercise...? Take your husband out clubbing or something like that.. Throw some shapes on a real dancefloor! :cool:

ShelleyHarris1981

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Make the punishment fit the crime I say... ;)

You asked about dance exercise...? Take your husband out clubbing or something like that.. Throw some shapes on a real dancefloor! :cool:

hahaha , in my 20s that was definitely my idea of a good exercise plan, but with 2 children under 5, its more the type of exercise you can do at home that's easier now! Which isn't always that bad ;)